Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
estanton  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 2, 2012 9:05:40 AM(UTC)
estanton

Groups: Registered

My LG Tromm (model wm2496hwm) washer would not drain and a loud grinding noise was coming from the drain assembly area. At first, I followed complicated online instructions on how to remove the front panel of the washer to access the drain motor area, but save yourself the time, it is much easier to just lay the washer on its side and access the drain motor from the bottom. But first be sure to manually drain the water from the washer through the hose behind the panel on the lower left corner in the front of the machine and remove the screws there that hold the drain assembly in place. I removed the drain pump assembly and pulled the motors apart to see if anything was stuck inside, but found nothing. I also tested the motors with an ohm meter, which indicated no problem. I could hear the loud noise coming from one of the two drain pump motors, but couldn't tell which one. So, I ordered both from appliancepartspros.com, parts 4681EA2002H and 4681EA2001T, which arrived next day with just standard shipping! I determined that the latter part was the one I had to replace and was able to return the other part for a full refund. I usually don't take the time to post to forums, but I have been so blessed with all the posts of other users that have helped me save hundreds of dollars on my appliance repairs, I wanted to give back. Hope this info helps someone!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.