Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
13steps  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2012 1:27:53 PM(UTC)
13steps

Groups: Registered

My washing machine stopped working today. It finish a whole cycle, but the clothes were still soapy. Restarted the load and it filled up, but would not start spinning. Now it won't drain or work on any steps in the cycle. Just makes a buzzing sound. At the time it stopped working when I opened the lid it smelled like burning rubber or electric burning.

I researched several web pages and fourms. I did remove the shell and check a few thing. I removed the pump from the motor. The pump turned freely. I removed the hoses on the pump one at a time and water flowed out. I removed the motor and it turned freely. No parts attached to the motor were broken or did the motor have a burning smell. I check the lid switch and it is working.

I will check the motor not installed and see if it works on any cycles. So any ideas to check would be great. Thank you.

Update: I check the motor not installed. It was making the buzzing sound and not working. After a closer look at the motor. There was a broken wire that lead up to the wire harness. I tested the motor by connecting the broken wire and what would you know the motor started working. Now I have to find a shop to repair it or buy a replacement wire.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.