Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<45678>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobgold22  
#51 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2011 11:34:15 AM(UTC)
bobgold22

Groups: Registered

Thanks to Evo for the detailed pics and instruction. My weekend minor appliance repair project went very well. It took probably an hour for the microwave door repair. The spring installation went smoother than I thought. The advise of holding the heavy stainless steel door while unscrewing the screws is well taken. BTW I fixed a KitchenAid dishwasher door too this morning. It took 20min. I am glad I just saved $200+ for the repairs.

When we bought our new house 5 years ago we upgrade all our appliances to KitchenAid since my wife was a big fan of it. All of our appliances have broken at least once(dishwasher 3 times, micro 2 times). I don't see how Whirlpool can be still in biz.
Tomzo  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:27:28 PM(UTC)
Tomzo

Super awesome instructions - worked perfectly! Thanks!
Bill Swanson  
#53 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 9:13:47 AM(UTC)
Bill Swanson

Have Maytag Model Model MMV5207BAS . Are the doors similar construction to get inside? Have spring and handle problems and can't figure out how to get inside the door. Thanks.
Sgtduckyboy  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:08:06 AM(UTC)
Sgtduckyboy

I have a friend/customer whose microwave door has no support from springs. it is a Model KEMC308KSS01 , aluminum door model. I have yet to take door off as I dont want to make it unusable until the parts come in.
first, how do you use 2 of the 4451009's when the bends in the springs are different for LH and RH? there are a few people who have posted replies with this same question but noone has clearly answered it for us.
second, does this site offer easy return if I buy a spring and dont need/use it?
third, can you clearly explain the various combinations of springs and doors so that it is easy for us to decipher, also a part of first question. I see references to lightweight doors, aluminum and stanless steel doors, but when I call this site for ordering, they refer to black/white, stainless options. since I have an aluminum door, noone has made it clear what I am supposed to get. when I call Kitchenaid/whirlpool, they say the same parts are used on ALL the doors.... this is confusing!
Gene  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:15:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sgtduckyboy Go to Quoted Post

...first, how do you use 2 of the 4451009's when the bends in the springs are different for LH and RH?...

...second, does this site offer easy return if I buy a spring and dont need/use it?...

...third, can you clearly explain the various combinations of springs and doors so that it is easy for us to decipher...

First: Why do you have to use two identical springs? The diagram shows two different springs for RH & LH - 4452396 and 4452395.

Second: Yes, it does. Check out return policy.

Third: Basically there are 2 different kind of doors - stainless steel and not stainless steel. If the door on your microwave looks like a polish metal then it's consider as a stainless steel. All other doors are "not stainless steel".

- The RH door spring for a stainless steel door Part number: 4452396
Sgtduckyboy  
#56 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:35:40 AM(UTC)
Sgtduckyboy

Thanks Gene. I wasnt saying I had to use 2 identical springs. I was saying the comments at the beginning of this thread are unclear and seem to be saying to use 2 of the 1009 models... and others who have 2 said they cant get two to work on their model... and ours is not stainless steel but is brushed aluminum. magnets dont stick to it. so that is why I am confused. our door is lighter than the steel, so I dont want a stronger spring unless it prolongs the mean time between failures. with that information, which 2 do i order?? thanks
Sgtduckyboy  
#57 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:39:53 AM(UTC)
Sgtduckyboy

and if you read their descriptions, they are using horrible english. for one they say not to be used with stainless and to use xxxx for stainless which is clear, but the next one, OMG, i guess the drugs kicked in on that person while writing the description..

Spring, torsion (right hand) - Torsion Spring (Yellow Tip) Not To Be Used On Stainless Steel Model. For Stainless Steel Model order AP3137553(Left Hand) Or AP3082257 (Right Hand)
Item Number: AP3030973
Manufacturer's Number: 4451009 made by WHIRLPOOL

16A
Enlarge Photo Microwave door torsion spring - Left hand side. For the right hand side order AP3082257 (Blue tip). To be used on stainless steel doors.
Item Number: AP3137553
Manufacturer's Number: 4452395 made by WHIRLPOOL

seriously, i can not decipher this!!!
Adam / APP Team  
#58 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:35:09 PM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Originally Posted by: Sgtduckyboy Go to Quoted Post
and if you read their descriptions, they are using horrible english. for one they say not to be used with stainless and to use xxxx for stainless which is clear, but the next one, OMG, i guess the drugs kicked in on that person while writing the description..

Spring, torsion (right hand) - Torsion Spring (Yellow Tip) Not To Be Used On Stainless Steel Model. For Stainless Steel Model order AP3137553(Left Hand) Or AP3082257 (Right Hand)
Item Number: AP3030973
Manufacturer's Number: 4451009 made by WHIRLPOOL

16A
Enlarge Photo Microwave door torsion spring - Left hand side. For the right hand side order AP3082257 (Blue tip). To be used on stainless steel doors.
Item Number: AP3137553
Manufacturer's Number: 4452395 made by WHIRLPOOL

seriously, i can not decipher this!!!

Our apologies for the confusion. I have forwarded these to IT for correction.

Just in case there is any doubt I doubled checked and according your model Gene has given you the correct ones. The manufacturer calls it stainless but in some cases it is a brushed aluminum.

If you have any additional parts questions please feel free to contact us via the chat or by our toll free number at 1-877-477-7278.
jaywalker1981  
#59 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 12:03:49 AM(UTC)
jaywalker1981

First of all thanks for everybody that has contributed to this thread. Without the information I would never have ventured changing the springs myself. I feel I am just a few days shy of not fretting for my microwave when my guests are over :).

I just replaced the RH spring(used part number 4452396). The LH spring was still intact so I did not replace it. However the door still falls with the weight of the stainless steel door. If I dont attach the stainless steel door the spring "vehemently" pushes the glass/plastic door back but as soon as i attach the stainless steel exterior to the door it feels as if the springs are not even there.

Any idea whats going on here? Is it possible that the LH spring is not a spec spring? My micro/oven combo model is KEMC308KSS0

Video of the door with the stainless steel exterior attached is here.

Video without the stainless steel door is here.
Gene  
#60 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 3:40:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jaywalker1981 Go to Quoted Post
...The LH spring was still intact so I did not replace it..[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MovJNCmqTF8"][/URL].

Does it have any color mark?

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply