Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cupdog  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:54:28 PM(UTC)
Cupdog

Groups: Registered

Gene,
I am having a problem with this Fridge. First problem was failure to defrost and after testing found it to be mother board. Replaced board. Now I have air coming from the return grill instead of the top. Fresh food side obviously not cooling. I have had the customer remove this drawer to let air into the fridge and put a gallon of milk down low to act as deflector. What is going on here???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:33:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the problem is a bad damper control (#426 at the diagram). Remove it and check the gate.

Does the fan in the freezer work normally?

- The damper control Part number: AP3186598
Cupdog  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:45:10 AM(UTC)
Cupdog

Nope, damper open and functioning correctly. Evap fan running. Just not sure why air coming from return. I am going by house today to check for missing duct and shelf parts as I suspect customer error here, but not ruling out bad board since this is a dc motor correct?
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:08:32 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Make sure the door is making the door switch. I have seen a lot of problems with the fresh food door dropping down and so that it doesn’t hit the door switch very well. (Sometimes it doesn’t hit at all and sometimes it barely hits) When this happens the board closes the damper because it “thinks” the door is open.

If that weren’t the problem I would suspect an airflow blockage (ice) or an intermitting fan problem.

GE Refrigerator Repair Guide