Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmccs  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:45:41 AM(UTC)
jmccs

Groups: Registered

Over the past few months, the soap door on my Bosch SHY99A05UC dishwasher was not always opening. At first it was every once in a while, but has gotten worse and now it rarely opens at all. If I manually press the release it pops open and slides to the side, so I don't think the spring is the problem. Also, I can't remember the last time I had to refill the rinse aid dispenser. I used to have to fill it every few weeks, but it has been at least two months now since the "fill" message has displayed. Since the rinse aid and soap dispensers are part of the same unit, I'm wondering if this is an electrical problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cnskateboard  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:47:07 AM(UTC)
cnskateboard

Did you ever figure out this problem, I have the same problem, do not think it is the spring, Wonder what your resoloution was, thanks
jmccs  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 7:04:50 AM(UTC)
jmccs

No, I haven't resolved this problem yet. I'm about to give up and just call for service. I thought this would be a really obscure problem, but I've seen several threads on this forum from people with the same issue.
rroma  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2007 5:42:26 AM(UTC)
rroma

Hi,

I asked the same question a few days ago, there was one response, yet I still haven't received a solution as well. We sent an Email to Bosch inquiring about this specific Detergent Door issue, and they claim there hasn't been a recall, nor have they heard many complaints. Perhaps if enough people send an email complaining about the same problem, perhaps Bosch will take action, and respond. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but it's kind of frustrating to pay for a premium product that's having these kind of problems so early in it's life. This is our second unit, and the previous one worked perfectly. In the event that I replace this unit, I'll be more careful in choosing a brand where the company is more responsive to it's customer.

Thanks,
RRoma
janetjanet  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:24:46 AM(UTC)
janetjanet

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone given you a reply in order to fix the problem?
kbollum  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:21:06 PM(UTC)
kbollum

i have had this same problem with my bosch dishwasher ... in fact i have had very few good months with this machine. the electrical panel has been replaced twice & it seems like there is always something not working well. i had the same experience with the rinse agent indicator not showing any rinse being needed ... then my dishes got very streaky, then the soap dispenser would open but it would have a hardened chunk of soap in it, & now the soap door isn't opening. this will be the last bosch i ever buy!

i have called bosch regarding this latest problem - and trust me, i am on a first name basis with half of the people in there. but they have no advice other than to call for service.
sarahb  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:42:01 PM(UTC)
sarahb

I have the same problem! The detergent dispenser does not open. Did anyone find a solution or hear anything from Bosch? I just emailed them.
kbollum  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 4:14:24 PM(UTC)
kbollum

i had a technician out & he said it is broken & needs to be replaced. i think with the part plus labour it will cost around $400 ... so i have decided to just run the loads with the dispenser open (since i can't close it) and it works fine. i have a top of the line bosch & it has been an absolute lemon.... and i can't bring myself to spend any more $$ on this thing!
btdylan  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 3:13:54 PM(UTC)
btdylan

Have had a Bosch SHV99A13UC/19 for three years. Have run the machine one or two times daily all three years. No problems until this door. Spoke to bosch and they said that there is no problems they are aware of. They did agree to fix it for labor only.... $100 for first 18 minutes and $120 each additional hour. (They must be aware)
Bought the part for $85 shipped and about twenty minutes later was back in action. I found a posting with quick directions for replacing the door and the part from this web page. It also fixed the rinse agent low warning indicator.
I hope I am lucky enough to get another three continous usage years!
humbledone  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 1:44:54 PM(UTC)
humbledone

I bought the new dispenser, got the old one out. I can't seem to get the dispenser in far enough to get the tabs to lock down. Is there some kind of trick to doing this that I can't quite seem to get?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply