Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amatuer007  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:19:14 PM(UTC)
amatuer007

Groups: Registered

Older crosley washer wont spin or rinse. Lid switch is ok. Timer works as normal. Fills and agitates but does nothing in the rinse or spin cycles either section of timer control. When it first acted up, I was able to get it going by pushing timer control in and out a bunch of times, or turning control to the opposite side. Now it wont rinse or spin at all. I can hear timer running, and it does move normally. What next ??? And can someone tell me if this control switch is threaded on, so you turn CCW, or do I pry out with screwdriver -----if I need to take control assembly out. I can work on a few things and have volt ohm meter. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gary/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 5:13:24 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hello . It sounds like the thrust bearing has become defective, and will need replaced, the thrust bearing when engaged will cause the transmission to go in to the spin cycle, see attachment for replacement instructions, Thank you

Part number: AP4009132

CW22B5V'); return false; " href="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/search.aspx?model=CW22B5V" target="_blank">Model CW22B5V
amatuer007  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 1:35:26 PM(UTC)
amatuer007

Originally Posted by: Gary/APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hello . It sounds like the thrust bearing has become defective, and will need replaced, the thrust bearing when engaged will cause the transmission to go in to the spin cycle, see attachment for replacement instructions, Thank you

CW22B5V'); return false; " href="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/search.aspx?model=CW22B5V" target="_blank">Model CW22B5V

thanks for the info. I turned it over and checked it- but I guess there would be nothing visible. If I pull the cam out, will it there be and obvious indication that it is defective ? I checked the timer out, and there is continuity between 26/28 and 32/7, although the wires are not the color indicated on the schematic attached to the machine. I am curious about the function of the start capacitor or relay that is located on the motor. Any possibility that might be suspect, or since it still agitates would that mean it is okay. thanks for the help.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:44:59 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hello.

Sorry to badge in, but may I suggest to look at the timer again. If the motor is not turning on or humming on spin and drain then, from what you are describing most likely it's the timer.
If the capacitor us bad the motor wont run at all.

The timer Part number: AP4024867
Part number: AP4024867

Here are the breakdown diagrams and http://www.appliancepartspros.c...odel.aspx?model_id=42507

Thank you.Post the results.

Simon.

PS. You can always return unused parts even if they been installed.
amatuer007  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 3:23:10 PM(UTC)
amatuer007

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hello.

Sorry to badge in, but may I suggest to look at the timer again. If the motor is not turning on or humming on spin and drain then, from what you are describing most likely it's the timer.
If the capacitor us bad the motor wont run at all.

The timer Part number: AP4024867
Part number: AP4024867

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Crosley CW22B5V WASHER-TOP LOADING | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you.Post the results.

Simon.

PS. You can always return unused parts even if they been installed.

OK so how do I check the timer ? I assume we are talking about the timer on the control switch. It does work as far as I can tell in that it will move through all the cycles. Though it won't rinse or spin. So I checked the terminals that seemed to be part of the rinse spin cycle, as stated previously, and that seems to be okay- at least from the terminals I checked. What is the correct way to check the timer considering the issues. ? Thanks
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:38:51 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.
Please provide the serial number.

Thank you.

Simon.
amatuer007  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:41:01 PM(UTC)
amatuer007

Hi.
Please provide the serial number.

Thank you.

Simon.

serial number is 13613474SF

update- I opened the top (with the lid taped shut) with the switch in the rinse and spin cycles- and there was no hum or sound from the washer motor(not the timer motor- as I mentioned the timer motor seems to turn normally)

I also looked over the schematic, and found 3 different contacts that would be pertaining to the rinse spin cycle, and all 3 show continuity.
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:16:40 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

If you washer has only cold water rinse option does it fills up? If not, check the cold water solenoid for continuity.

If it fills up with cold water I recommend you to replace the timer. The part number you have is correct.

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.

PS. You can always return any unused parts even if they been installed.
amatuer007  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2012 2:56:34 PM(UTC)
amatuer007

Hi.

If you washer has only cold water rinse option does it fills up? If not, check the cold water solenoid for continuity.

If it fills up with cold water I recommend you to replace the timer. The part number you have is correct.

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.

PS. You can always return any unused parts even if they been installed.

There is no selection of rinse temperature on the model. And it does fill up normally. The timer has a 6 digit maytag part number. 35-5026 Your parts lists show 2 different timers with whirlpool (?) part numbers for this model with no explanation as to the difference. Which timer would be the correct replacement ? Also, as I said I thought I tested all the pertinent connections of the timer as pertains to the rinse and spin functions, and there is continuity for 3 of the 3 sets of contacts. Is there a different way to check the timer ? I would like to make sure that is it problem before I order the part. Thanks.
Simon / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2012 3:33:05 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

The timer part number that has been provided to you is the one.
The Whirlpool owns Maytag that's why new part numbers are the Whirlpool.
Unfortunately we have no way of providing you the Crosley's
technical manual.
You have nothing to lose, just order the timer and give it a try.

Thank you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply