Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomd01  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:07:46 PM(UTC)
tomd01

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

:confused: My JennAir microwave oven stopped running (completly dead) about a yer ago, I replaced the fuse inline that I found when I removed the back and it ran fine for about a year. Last week it went dead again, replaced the same fuse (15 amp) and it ran just 3 days this time then blew out again.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Hansel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:47:58 PM(UTC)
Hansel

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: tomd01 Go to Quoted Post
:confused: My JennAir microwave oven stopped running (completly dead) about a yer ago, I replaced the fuse inline that I found when I removed the back and it ran fine for about a year. Last week it went dead again, replaced the same fuse (15 amp) and it ran just 3 days this time then blew out again.

I fixed my Jennair with the exact symptoms as yours by replacing the door switches inside. Two 'Primary switches' and one 'Secondary switch', although I probably could have gotten away with just the secondary switch, as I could tell it was bad (no 'click') when I got it out. It cost about $30 with shipping.

Did you get yours fixed?
tomd01  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:36:22 AM(UTC)
tomd01

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

Originally Posted by: tomd01 Go to Quoted Post

Thank You Very Much for this advice!! Repair worked perfectly.
Hansel  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:06:26 PM(UTC)
Hansel

Groups: Registered

Excellent! Mine is working great also. I was so happy to have delved into this and come up with a fix. My wife thinks I'm a genius! Because ours is a built-in, I really wanted to fix what I have. If a couple of door position switches buy another few years, I'll call it a win. Thirty bucks for 3 switches (only needed to install two for the fix) wasn't that painful. Cheers
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply