Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nailerdog  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:57:15 AM(UTC)
nailerdog

Groups: Registered

I have a model PSS26SGRA SS that the referigator side has become too cold and doesn't respond to adjustment setting changes. The freezer side operates and the temp adjusts normal.

One other thing that may be an additional symptom but I'm not sure. On the main control panel I can cycle the "express thaw" button through
its settings (the fan runs normal) until it reaches the off position. At the last position the indicator lamp for express thaw goes out. When I close the door and re-open it the orange indicator lamp is back on indicating the 3 lbs but the fan is not running. I just don't remember if thais was normal or not.

From what I've been able to learn from posts on other similar models it seems most likley a control board or damper issue?

I'm experienced using electrical test equipment and could use a parts diagram and some assistance.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 2:18:50 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Measure the freezer temperature and post.
nailerdog  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 4:50:22 AM(UTC)
nailerdog

Digital temp display normally indicates 0. Same as the target temp. This morning the freezer is at -3 with the target of 0. I have adjusted that temp and it adjusts up and down OK and the actual follows the target within a few hours.

My stand alone digital temp device indicates -1 in the freezer

I did find the parts diagram on your site.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 10:21:39 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Your freezer temp. seems normal. If the damper door was jamed open, you fridg temperature would be pretty low assuming the fridg runs a lot.
You might have an off value thermistor usually part of the damper harness. I would measure it with a ohmeter, should be 16.6 kohm while imersed in a glass of ice cubes for 5 minutes. Either that, or just replace it.
nailerdog  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 1:21:21 PM(UTC)
nailerdog

I will try it this evening and get back to you.

Thanks