Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WDW  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 7:00:44 AM(UTC)
WDW

Groups: Registered

Hello, I have a kenmoore elite dishwaher that will not complete a full wash cycle. The water does not appear to be heating and there is little if any steam during drying. When the machine cuts off the clean light flashes. I have done the reset with the touch pad and it did wash once or twice, but with no heating. now it flashes again and shuts off. I see that some parts stores want to sell a element kit with a control box. I found just an element here for a very fair price, but not sure what way to proceed. couls this possible be the mother board or can a bad element cause this?

Thanks
WDW
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

WDW  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 7:02:17 AM(UTC)
WDW

:confused:
Originally Posted by: WDW Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I have a kenmoore elite dishwaher that will not complete a full wash cycle. The water does not appear to be heating and there is little if any steam during drying. When the machine cuts off the clean light flashes. I have done the reset with the touch pad and it did wash once or twice, but with no heating. now it flashes again and shuts off. I see that some parts stores want to sell a element kit with a control box. I found just an element here for a very fair price, but not sure what way to proceed. couls this possible be the mother board or can a bad element cause this?

Thanks
WDW
Gene  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:12:03 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You may want to check the heating element and the high limit thermostat (under the tub) for continuity before ordering any parts. If both of them are good, replace the control board.

- The high limit thermostat Part number: AP3010530
Part number: AP3010530

- The heating element Part number: AP4511544
Part number: AP4511544

- The control board Part number: AP3775998
Part number: AP3775998

Gene.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:40:37 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

The 7 blinks of the clean LED points to the heater components failure.Unplug the dishwasher and take one wire off the part you are testing.
Using the multimeter check the heater and the hi limit thermostat for continuity. Replace the one with 0 continuity.
Both good - test the wires to the control board. Wires test OK - replace the board.

The heater part number AP4511544.

The high-limit - AP3010530.

The control board - AP3775998.

Good luck.

Post results.
WDW  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:45:13 AM(UTC)
WDW

Hello all. I replaced the heating element and high end thermostat. When I turned the dishwasher over to replace the parts I found that one of the wires to the original element had burned in half. the brass fitting on the heating element has a slightly open crack in it which may have allowed a bit of water to leak throug nto the wires. After i replaced the parts the clean light was flashing so I did the test with the touch pad. At that point it through the breaker in the electricl box. Removed it again and saw no burnt wires, but no lights will come on at all at this point. Any Ideas or should I take the washer to my shooting pile out back? At least some fun.

Thanks very much
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:43:26 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hello.

There is a short somewhere. First check the power cord junction box. Look for any bad wires and then check the control board and thermal fuse.
Pinched wire at the bottom of the door may cause that.

Post the results and good luck.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:06:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: WDW Go to Quoted Post
...I found that one of the wires to the original element had burned in half. the brass fitting on the heating element has a slightly open crack in it which may have allowed a bit of water to leak throug nto the wires...

Did you fix it?

Gene.
WDW  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 10:24:01 AM(UTC)
WDW

Hello, Sorry to take so long to get back, but many things, heat pump, dishwasher, tv, are all breaking at the same time.

I took the machine back out and looked around at the connections, the wires, and everywhere else for burn marks or loose connections. I did not see anything so I tried it again and it ran without tripping the breaker. Perhaps a little water got where it should not have when I layed it on its side. I have washed four loads of dishes and during one of the four it quit running before the cycles were complete and the clean light was flashing again. The times it did run completey through all cycles at the end the clean light was on, but the sanitaized light was blinking.

My tap water at this faucet is 122+-F and the dishwasher is not making it any hotter while runnng on heated wash or sani rinse.

Sorry to trouble you good people with this, but now I am more curious than ever.

Thank you very sincerely
Doug
Gene  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 10:54:51 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Doug,

That's what the Owners manual says about the sanitized light:
Quote:
...Sanitized glows when the Sani Rinse cycle is finished. If your dishwasher did not properly sanitize your dishes, the light flashes at the end of the cycle. This can happen if the cycle is interrupted or the incoming water temperature is too low. The light turns off when you press any button or close the door...
Locate the thermistor which is attached to the bottom of the pump (look under the tub). There are the white and yellow/black wires connected to it. Check the thermistor resistance. It should read 48-52 K Ohms @ 77°F and 12-13 K Ohms @ 140°F. If the readings are wrong, replace the thermistor.

- The thermistor Part number: AP3039201
Part number: AP3039201

Gene.
WDW  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 11:47:42 AM(UTC)
WDW

You guys are fantastic. It is refreshing to see people helping each other so much. I will dig out my old meter and check this part and get back to you.

many thanks
Doug
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply