Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JRich87  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 4:46:38 AM(UTC)
JRich87

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator is almost 2 years old and this morning it just lost all power. I checked the breaker and it was fine. I checked the plug and it was fine. I just went to get some ice from the dispensor this morning and I think the fridge was in a defrost cycle. As soon as I did that it lost all power. Now the lights dont work inside or on the door and it doesn't make any noise and the dispensor doesn't work. Would really appreciate any help with diagnosing this problem and I wouldn't mind trying to fix this myself.

Thanks,

John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 6:13:41 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups: Registered

Hello John. Before you do anything else, unplug the unit at the wall outlet an leave it unplugged for 10 minutes. During this time I would plug a light or something in the outlet to insure power is there. After the 10 minutes, plug the unit back in and see if the microprocessor resets and goes back into operation. This works sometimes when the microprocessor comes to a point of stalemate and needs rebooting. (This seems to occur most often after a brownout or power outage). If this produces no positive results, it's time to check for power at the main control which the manufacturer is calling the switch board [AP4695205]. This is probably where the problem is but without testing, this is speculation. We need to know if power is getting to this board (it is located behind the kick panel in a box mounted under the front of the unit. when you look under the unit with the kick panel removed, it is mounted to the bottom of the unit). You can check this with a voltage indicator [AP5589569]. Let me know what you find out and I will help you as much as possible.