Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sglass  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 3:50:19 PM(UTC)
sglass

Groups: Registered

whirlpool cabrio washing machine displays f1 code. have already pushed cancel and restart to no avail. what part may be needed?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MyWasherSux  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:09:42 AM(UTC)
MyWasherSux

Revolt! If you own a Kenmore Oasis (built by Whirlpool) or Whirlpool Cabrio washer, and you are getting the "F1" error code...or similar codes, and nothing you do fixes the problem...REVOLT!
Three options: Join the class action lawsuit, sign the petition, or be a just another chump consumer. All info is below. I for one, have HAD IT with a 1000.00 washer that breaks after one year.
Here is the class action law suit info. I got
this email a couple of days ago. Remember, these Kenmore Washers (built by Whirlpool) are basically the same machine as the Whirlpool Cabrio:

"Thank you for your interest in pursuing a lawsuit against Sears relating to the Kenmore HE4t and HE3t Washing Machines. This lawsuit is currently being handled by the law firm of Seeger Weiss, LLP. Sheller, P.C. is co-counsel on the case. Your inquiry submission will be forwarded to Seeger Weiss, and you will be contacted by a Seeger Weiss representative shortly."

"Once again, thank-you for your interest. Any questions may be directed to Jonathan Shub at jshub@seegerweiss.com."

Jennifer Chantilope
Walnut Street, 3rd Floor Philadelphia, PA 19102
Toll Free: (800) 883-2299
Main Number: (215) 790-7300
Fax: (215) 546-0942

Another frustrated Cabrio owner started a petition to be sent to the CEO of Whirlpool Corp., Jeff Fettit. Follow the link, and please sign it! The more the better! Spread the word!
You may also copy and post it to any other groups/discussions about this problem.

Consumers Rights for Quality Products Petition

RSteve  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 10:48:00 AM(UTC)
RSteve

There is no need to replace your Whirlpool Cabrio if you get the F1 code. Hiding within your washer is a secret coded booklet that has all the error codes that don't appear in the user's manual.

F1 means the central electrical control unit, i.e. the onboard computer, has fatally failed. Unless you have both the skill and tools to test the guts of this computer, you're stuck replacing it. Good news, three screws at the rear to expose the control panel, then unplug one unit; plug in the new one. Just to be on the safe side, color code all the plugs and receptacles. At wholesale, the part is $175.00. CODE 083009 part W10189966 CNTRL-ELEC

A well respected (30 yr. appliance repairman) advised me on the repair, then verbally spanked me for buying a unit with a computer control. He said the best buy, in his opinion, on a washer, is the Roper Model RTW4100SQ with an MSRP of about $325.00. He says it's made by Whirlpool and is both sturdy and easily repairable. He says actual selling price is about $260.00. If my Cabrio goes out again, I'll take his recommendation. No more $1100 washers for me.
rondirect  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:12:10 AM(UTC)
rondirect

No need to ditch the washer or buy a computer board part. I just called Whirlpool and announced my F1 code problem that everyone seems to be having lately. The rep said that there is a recall on this washer for the F1 code issue and that service and parts will be free. The appointment is set!
RSteve  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:03:53 PM(UTC)
RSteve

Originally Posted by: rondirect Go to Quoted Post
No need to ditch the washer or buy a computer board part. I just called Whirlpool and announced my F1 code problem that everyone seems to be having lately. The rep said that there is a recall on this washer for the F1 code issue and that service and parts will be free. The appointment is set!
So far, I've seen nothing from Whirlpool on a recall. I've already replaced my washer's computer.
Uarun  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:44:36 AM(UTC)
Uarun

Hi I'm living in Ontario Canada, how will I thak this matter from here.
king4022  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:28:26 AM(UTC)
king4022

I just called and my washer was purchased in April 07 and they are sending someone to service it free of charge. Here is the number I called:
1-866-698-2538 .....I had not registered it and was able to do so when I called. Good Luck!
ed louis  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 4:28:03 PM(UTC)
ed louis

whirlpool cabrio washing machine displays f1 code. what to do
ed louis  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 4:31:20 PM(UTC)
ed louis

My whirlpool cabrio washing machine displays f1 code. have already pushed cancel and restart to no avail. I don't know what to do to make it work so I can finish my load
king4022  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:53:40 AM(UTC)
king4022

Hit cancel and restart until it resumes washing...it sometimes takes mine 3 tries.