Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DOSGUY1955  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 9:08:36 AM(UTC)
DOSGUY1955

Groups: Registered

Evap frozen again about a week or so after a manual defrost. Measured continuity of 20 ohms on element. Timer rotates, the 120V, 8.5 hr cycle type unit....and it seems to shut off and turn on the freezer appropriately. Kind of a tight squeeze to get into the freezer for checking components so is the thermostat clamped on the top evap tube the issue, not closing to allow the element to heat, should read closed I believe until temp reaches >15F? I did notice heat damage to the lower right cabinet edge near the evap coil approximately 3" in length and 1" of the cover seal is melted away same area. Good machine. Everything cleaned well during the last manual defrost and all fans and compressor are working, although I believe the compressor was thermal shut-off cycling, and may be doing so again. My intention is to remove all food and shut down the unit to slow defrost versus hair dryer this time, and to give me time to procure the parts.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.