Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
muditkumar@hotmail.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:41:37 PM(UTC)
muditkumar@hotmail.com

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool Washer Model #LSR8010PQ1.

Greatly impressed by this site after I found it today for the first time!

My washer (Top Load Whirlpool)will finish the wash cycles, leaving ~half gallon of water behind, so cloths are damp and soaking before moving to
Dryer.

Washer seems to be washing clothes, saw rotation of agitator etc and when tested for extra spin etc, I saw water pour and then draining as usual,
except still leaving some water in bottom of drum.

Following video instructions, I decided to open the unit with plans to replace Washer Pump

(1) I opened the washer unit and removed the pump part(#AP2907492) as I was told to replace. I was not sure if Pump needed replaced as it seems
to be working in my opinion. Lot of water came out when I checked both tub and drain hoses, but nothing stuck there. Moving drum by hand caused
more water to come out, I thought this as normal.

(2) I thought there was something stuck (e.g. a sock) underneath Agitator Base unit as the agitator base was NOT moving and seem stuck. The top
part, Move Agit was turning as normal. So I removed Mover Agit and agitator base unit (AP2906554) by removing the bolt and pulling the whole unit
out, just like in video. Found nothing stuck under the agitator.

(3) I have opened the whole Washer unit following video instrcutions and need to know what part to replace and fix. Is it the pump (AP2907492),
the clutch assembly (AP3094537) or Drive coupler (AP396383) or some thing else.

PLEASE HELP. I can test anything since the unit is now open. What could be my problem and how do I fix it??

Thanks MUCH.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:30:16 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you wash a small load, will it completely pump the water out and spin out the water in the clothes? If so, you may have a short spin period due to a worn timer. If so, using a different cycle will probably work.
muditkumar@hotmail.com  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:28:57 AM(UTC)
muditkumar@hotmail.com

Thanks for quick reply. I have tried various loads & cycles, and with small or large load: some water always stays back..so this issue is consistent. There is no black spots underneath the washer or nothing blocking pump, hoses (tub/drain). This washer was purchased new by us and is in use now for 3-4 years.

What could be the reason for Agitator base not turning freely, now seems jammed as it does not rotate at all? I remember when the machine was up and running, it was turning slowly in one direction, not sure if fast enough to spin the water out. What needs to happen for it to work as a washer machine? Thanks in advance!
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:11:21 PM(UTC)
richappy

Use a turkey baster and remove all the water. If it now spins the wet clothes dry, then spin speed is ok.
I had a problem with my washer and it was a clogged comb filter under the spin basket.
You can purchase a spanner wrench and pull the spin basket out to check for a sock in the drain, or a clogged comb filter.
All info for this is in my sticky above, replacing direct drive washer brake shoes.
muditkumar@hotmail.com  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 7:48:38 AM(UTC)
muditkumar@hotmail.com

Thanks again. I want to see what I can do with my open washer before I asseble it pack for more spin tests. Please send me link of any video etc.

Any other experts to give me guidance? Is agitator base not turning normal? I would like understand from expert technicians what could be my problem and if it requires a change of a part? If not I could my washer back and try spin tests.
muditkumar@hotmail.com  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 4:39:25 PM(UTC)
muditkumar@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by: muditkumar@hotmail.com Go to Quoted Post
Thanks again. I want to see what I can do with my open washer before I asseble it pack for more spin tests. Please send me link of any video etc.

Any other experts to give me guidance? Is agitator base not turning normal? I would like understand from expert technicians what could be my problem and if it requires a change of a part? If not I could my washer back and try spin tests.

Update: Emptied the water, locked washer door (lid) with a screw-driver so I could see the cycles. Works through all except in SPIN mode, the tub is *NOT* rotating to eject the water out. If I use my hands to help rotate the drum, it rotates slowly but never at speed needed to spin the water out. What is defective? HELP!
richappy  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 12:16:41 AM(UTC)
richappy

You have a bad clutch and brake shoes, go to my sticky as directed before, you will need the spanner wrench
muditkumar@hotmail.com  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 6:30:06 AM(UTC)
muditkumar@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
You have a bad clutch and brake shoes, go to my sticky as directed before, you will need the spanner wrench

Rich, I am new to this site, where do I find sticky and directions to change bad clutch and brake shoes? Is there a part # and video? I did open the Spanner Nut in agitator, do I still need a Spanner Wrench? Any way I could speak to you for 5 minutes?

Also I remember this washer was running TOO fast (like about to take off) during spin about 2-3 months ago, but that has stopped now and leaving water behind.

Thanks much!
muditkumar@hotmail.com  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:00:19 PM(UTC)
muditkumar@hotmail.com

richappy, a favor of reply is requested please.

I do not want to sound stupid, but want to ensure I am doing the right thing and ordeing right parts, all togather so I do not keep fixing my washer.

If you can answer and help find your sticky, i would greatly appreciate Sir.
richappy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:03:30 AM(UTC)
richappy

It is the first item in this washer repair section!!