Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dave Wire  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 5:42:43 AM(UTC)
Dave Wire

Groups: Registered

My coils were completely frozen over when I checked. The first item tested was the heater bracket. I tested for continuity by placing the clip on one side and touching the other side while still in the freezer, no light. This is suppose to show it's bad correct?
Also, I took it out and touched both sides without any wires attached and no light. Bad?

I did the timer test by turning it clockwise until it clicked and no sizzling sound and I check the themostat and it lighted up when I tuned it on.

I don't want to order the wrong part.
Dave Wire
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 5:56:54 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

Sounds like you have got it figured out. If you don't ready any continuity through the defrost heater (AP2071520) (with it unplugged is the best way to check) then it is bad. You also verified the thermostat properly. As for the timer, the best thing to do is turn it until it clicks, then verify voltage to the defrost heater. No voltage, most likely bad timer. If you do have voltage, then the problem is with the defrost section. There is also a defrost thermostat (AP2071271) that can cause a defrost problem and you simply check it for continuity also. Just be aware, it should only show closed when at normal freezer temperatures. If you check it when everything is iced over, you should get an accurate reading. But based on what you have provided, it sounds like you need a defrost heater.
denman  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2009 5:58:18 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Model TNS22PRCBRBS

Sounds like you have diagnosed it correctly.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!