Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ryandub35  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 2:15:36 PM(UTC)
ryandub35

Groups: Registered

Does anyone know where I can find the list of the GE Refridgerators that had the motherboards recalled and replaced by GE. I think my unit may be on there but I can't seem to find the list online.

Any suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

quinncx  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2009 9:09:17 AM(UTC)
quinncx

Originally Posted by: ryandub35 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know where I can find the list of the GE Refridgerators that had the motherboards recalled and replaced by GE. I think my unit may be on there but I can't seem to find the list online.

Any suggestions.

Can't seem to get the link to post properly, so try adding http:// to the address below and removing the {}- that site has the letter from GE and the list of covered models.

fix{}it{}now{}.com/wp/2007/02/05/motherboard-recall-on-ge-refrigerators/
TeamV  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 5:33:50 PM(UTC)
TeamV

do you have a new link?
eloquin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2011 5:59:14 PM(UTC)
eloquin

Ge forced hundreds of places that had the list posted to take it down or face copyright infringement cases. The only way to get it now is to call ge directly and keep calling until you get an honest associate that actually looks it up. Apparently they aren't monitored because I called 6 times and was told that my model wasn't part of the recall and on the 7th call someone looked it up and said it was and I got it replaced. Call 1800 749 6629. And then.. Never buy GE again.
stogie  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:00:04 AM(UTC)
stogie

Just do a search in google for GE_Refrige_Board.pdf and you'll find it.
JSK-MX  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 8:39:24 AM(UTC)
JSK-MX

Originally Posted by: eloquin Go to Quoted Post
Ge forced hundreds of places that had the list posted to take it down or face copyright infringement cases. The only way to get it now is to call ge directly and keep calling until you get an honest associate that actually looks it up. Apparently they aren't monitored because I called 6 times and was told that my model wasn't part of the recall and on the 7th call someone looked it up and said it was and I got it replaced. Call 1800 749 6629. And then.. Never buy GE again.

Nice job with this post. Called GE with your number and got a nice real person. Told her I had the howling problem, that I knew it was condensation that killed the control board and that all I wanted was a new board shipped to me. Since my unit is out of warranty by 6 years, the best she could do was $50 for the board. To me, that's a straight-up deal (better than $180-$200) and I can replace the board myself. I wish I had seen this post sooner, since I have been tolerating that noise for a long, long time. Will I buy GE again? After today's experience, yes.
treegem4  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:38:03 AM(UTC)
treegem4

Called the number listed in the previous thread.
hmich45  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:41:10 AM(UTC)
hmich45

Got mine also after years for $50 motherboard
floyd2k  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 7:25:53 AM(UTC)
floyd2k

I live in North West Georgia now where I grew up. I purchased my Hotpoint side by side in 2005 at Home Depot in Saint Petersburg FL where we owned a home for 15 years.
Our frig started the whirring noise within the first year. I looked it up and it was printed on the GE site that was a normal noise. Then the light on the ice dispenser went out, I never got that working. Then when we got to GA I noticed the middle section between the freezer & frig was very hot.
This week the ice dispenser stopped working. Then we woke up the next day to the infamous clicking and a dead refrigerator.
I was pricing parts on ******** & various sites looking for OEM new motherboard.
I stumbled on this site this morning after seeing possible recall info...I called the number and 1st try got the nicest guy, basically after I had not registered the product he matched the best price I could find online without k owing it and I am quite happy with the results.
I have to disagree with everyone's assessment of don't buy ge. I had some problems but that frig kept up with entertainmentin hundreds of people in fl. Also we cook t this house....no fast food. We used the hell out of that unit and this is its 11th year.
I'm happy with it. Despite any problems it has lived through 3 women slamming and abus in ng the hell out of it and we have put it to the test.
I say hats off to ge after all this time honering a known product problem in a bad mobo.
Thanks for the info...maybe you can help with the dishwasher now ha!
Moojuse  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 7:55:11 AM(UTC)
Moojuse

My 2005 GE fridge is doing the same thing, rapid evaporator speed change, howling, and clicking. Though it wasn't on the recall list, I was able to get the motherboard for $50 and opted for the overnight delivery of $14.95. Much less than the expected $200 on other sites and from my appliance guy.

Call (800) 749-6629..I spoke with Frank, direct # (800)386-1215 ext 5022.