Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimmriley  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 5:28:27 AM(UTC)
jimmriley

Groups: Registered

The oven was being used (without the convection fan) loud popping noise from oven occurred. Breaker thrown. Reset breaker. No lights on stove... nothing. Something failed.... did a thermal fuse pop making that noise when the part failed? what part is it? How to trouble shoot and fix? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 6:22:39 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

You will have to investigate as to what popped by taking a look at it.

Here is one guess.

Bake element burnt out and in the process shorted to ground.
When the bake element shorted to group it tripped the breaker and also damaged the oven control/clock.

If you have a multimeter and can do some basic troubleshooting it should not be to hard to figure out.

Here is the tech sheet for your model range.
File Attachment(s):
316255333.pdf (421kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
jimmriley  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 10:14:26 AM(UTC)
jimmriley

Thanks for your help. I will check the element.
jimmriley  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:04:11 PM(UTC)
jimmriley

Originally Posted by: jimmriley Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your help. I will check the element.

Looked at it more. Top of stove burners work. both oven elements at about 13-16ohms, so they didn't fail. Pulled the back covers off of stove to check for loose/burnt wires and none noted. Slight burn mark on clock/oven controller board. Pretty sure its the clock/oven control board and I understand these boards typically last 4-6 years....I got 8 yrs of use. When I get the board I ordered and install it I will post if that fixed it.
jimmriley  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:07:19 AM(UTC)
jimmriley

Originally Posted by: jimmriley Go to Quoted Post
Looked at it more. Top of stove burners work. both oven elements at about 13-16ohms, so they didn't fail. Pulled the back covers off of stove to check for loose/burnt wires and none noted. Slight burn mark on clock/oven controller board. Pretty sure its the clock/oven control board and I understand these boards typically last 4-6 years....I got 8 yrs of use. When I get the board I ordered and install it I will post if that fixed it.

replaced clock unit and stove works. The cover plate on the clock unit,which is a rectangular piece of plastic with clear spots, button labels and a white background for the other areas. It did not come off smoothly from the old clock unit parts of the white backing material stuck to the old clock unit. After I messed up part of the clock unit face plate I started using a flat edged long knive to slowly pry away the old clock face unit. That seemed to work pretty well for the part of the old clock face unit that I didnt mess up. a replacement clock face is 15-22 bucks plus shipping....be more careful than I was in removing the old clock face and save yourself some money.
ApplianceJunk  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:29:17 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Good Job!

Thanks for the update.

Happy Holidays
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply