Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lemajune  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:39:09 AM(UTC)
lemajune

Groups: Registered

Replaced leaking water tank for water dispenser which works fine BUT the stream of water continues(5-6 seconds) after taking glass away. When the glass is taken away I hear the pump stop and the switch is off. I also tried coiling tubing near tank hoping that would work. HELP
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:45:36 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi lemajune

Did you remove all air from the system after you replaced the tank?
You have to run through the system about 3 to 4 gallons of water.
If you did it and the problem still exists, then the water inlet valve has to be replaced.

In order to help you with the right part and the best price, I need the complete model number of the fridge.

Gene.
lemajune  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:04:19 PM(UTC)
lemajune

Thanks Gene for the reply. Correct me if i'm wrong. Amana Mod#SXD22S2W Manufact#P1190404WW. The inlet pump forces water into the tank and is forced into the outlet tube to the door disp. When the door disp lever is pressed and activates the switch to activate the inlet pump you can hear the pump. When the lever is released the inlet pump stops immediately. Why then does water still dispense for 5-6 seconds. As to bleeding the system of several gallon of water, wouldn't that just get air out of the system and if no air is dispensed the system is bleed.Also the system worked fine before the replacement. I don't think this maters but I replaced the ice and water levers. Could the coiling of outlet hose after the tank be a possibility. I coiled 3 loops about 10 inches in diameter making sure the top of the loops were above the tank. One more....The tank was a replacement and looked different(old tank in place had inlet and outlet hoses connected to each end of top of tank, where as the new tank I guessed was to be positioned with the 2 hose connections attatched to the top right of the tank.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 8:28:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

There is no any pumps in the system. It has a water valve with the coil. When you push the lever on the door it's engaging the switch behind the lever which closing the circuit and providing the power to the coil on the water valve. The water coming into the system under the pressure in the house water line. When you release the lever you interrupt the power to the coil. This is the sound you heard. Very often the magnetic shaft inside the water valve stuck for a few seconds which caused the water still go through the system. Some time the delay could be much longer or the shaft can stuck forever and you will have water coming out non stop.

Gene.
lemajune  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2007 4:02:43 AM(UTC)
lemajune

Hi Gene. Thanks for the explanation. Am I then looking for a water valve Part#ap62320 for Amana Mod#sxd22s2w Manuf#p1190404ww? If so i'm on my way. Thanks
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 12:23:55 PM(UTC)
Gene

Yes, you were right.

- The part number for the water valve AP62320

- Here are the break down diagrams for the Amana refrigerator Model SXD22S2W

Keep me updated.
Gene.
lemajune  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 1:10:27 PM(UTC)
lemajune

Thanks again Gene. The diagram of the fridg is not clear where the valve is. It is not easy to get to the back of the fridg,but when I do is the valve visible at the bottom rear of the unit?
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 1:20:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

The water valve is #7 on the cabinet back break down diagram.

Gene.
lemajune  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 1:28:27 PM(UTC)
lemajune

I see the unit on the diagram BUT it is not clear where it is from(looks like at the bootom of frame.
lemajune  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:52:24 AM(UTC)
lemajune

Gene, Again thanks for the advice. The diagram shows the valve but not where it is going or from (looks like at the bottom of the rear frame). Also the water at the dispenser doesn't always dispense.Is that problem the same valve? Lemajune