Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stressman4  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 8:25:25 PM(UTC)
stressman4

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag SIde by Side refrigerator that is leaking water in the bottom of the ice compartment. It takes approximately 2 weeks for an inch of ice to form. It is not any kind of continual leak, and seems possibly intermittent or random. In addition I see some water on the floor by the hinge corner of the freezer door, again intermittent. It may go a couple days with no water, then there is a small puddle on the outside of the door near the hinge corner. There is a line and some sort of small valve for the water or icemaker near this corner but whn I see the water and feel the line/valve locally for wetness, they appear dry. Cannot tell where this water on the outside or inside is coming from . Please HELP!:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:49:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators
You have been a member since:: 7/19/2007(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem is a frozen drain in the freezer. Remove the rear panel in the freezer and check the drain hole in the evaporator housing (#14 on the break down diagram).

You can use a hair dryer and/or a turkey baster with hot water to defrost and clean it. Also remove the cover on the back of the refrigerator and check the other end of the drain tube for a clog.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag refrigerator Model MSD2757DEB

Gene.
Paul Tabili  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 10:10:17 AM(UTC)
Paul Tabili

We had water leaking into the freezer compartment of our side-by-side frig and collecting as ice on the bottom of the compartment, and occasionally leaking onto the floor outside. We called in a repair service and they fixed it in about 10 minutes. They said that what happens is the freezer's internal drain (leading to the pan underneath the frig), located behind removable panels on the inside back of the freezer compartment, becomes clogged with mildew, which then freezes, completely closing off the drain and causing water to leak inside the freezer compartment. They used a hot air blower (like an industrial-strength hair dryer) and brush to unfreeze and clean off the drain opening and it is now working fine. Hope this helps.
Harold H  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:27:43 AM(UTC)
Harold H

I have a Maytag bottom freezer compartment. Model # MFF2258VEM5, Serial # K12436993. The refrigerator is about two years old.
This icemaker leaks water into the bottom of the compartment and freezes. Approximately every couple of weeks I have to break up the ice and remove it or else it will leak out onto the floor. Is there a simple fix for this problem. I understand that many others have suffered this same problem. Has Maytag come up with a fix?

Harold H:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: