Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jlynne68  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:25:35 AM(UTC)
jlynne68

Groups: Registered

My project for the day was to replace a GE garbage disposal, model GFC1000Y-02, with an Insinkerator Evolution Premier. If original to the house, which I'm guessing, the GE is about 18 years old. I was going to replace with another GE, but the local stores don't carry that brand...of course.

Now that I have removed the GE disposal, I see that the mounting unit is totally different than the new one. I don't have a clue how to remove the GE mount -- or if it's even possible to replace it with the Insinkerator mount.

Would you recommend returning the Insinkerator and buying a GE so I can keep the same mount? I see that my GE model has been replaced by model GFC720F. If not, how can I remove the GE mount?

Thanks for your help! I'm new to the home improvement game and was really excited about doing this.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.