Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
reygiem  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:47:28 PM(UTC)
reygiem

Groups: Registered

error code EO -F2- is displayed on touch pad. :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:36:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The "F2-E0" error code means that the control senses a shorted key in the key pad.

Lets try to save some money. :)

Open the control panel. Remove the control panel ribbon cable from the control board.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for a hairline cracks using a magnifying glass.
Clean the ribbon cable edge connector. If it looks like just the insulation has been removed then it can be cleaned using a pencil eraser.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. You can use an electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a small soft brush.
Let the solvents evaporate. Reconnect everything and give it a try.

If it would not fix it, replace the control panel (#1 on the diagram). The new part comes with the installation instructions, so it's not supposed to be very difficult.

It is very rare but it happens when the control board (#3 on the same diagram) has to be replaced as well.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GW395LEPT02 30`` Slide-In GAS OVEN NON-CONV | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
reygiem  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 8:23:26 AM(UTC)
reygiem

Gene just followed your recommendation and it worked. Thanks for the help. This is an awesome site. Will recommend it to my friends. Again thank you
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 2:30:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Thank you for the feedback.

Gene.
Jaronbaer  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2011 12:40:44 AM(UTC)
Jaronbaer

Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel from Maine to Maryland, Wholesale & Commercial.Huge Selection of Discount Diesel Shop Now and Save Up to 75% OffGet Cheap Diesel Find Cheap Diesel. Buy Save on Wholesale Diesel Find NexTag Sellers' Lowest Price! And Save Big Designer Closeout Sales Buy Direct from China Factories. Sale Prices Latest Fashions and Styles on Sale Name Brands on Sale!
MORSEWAY  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 2:47:25 AM(UTC)
MORSEWAY

I Have Replaced The Thermal Fuses And The Control Board And Still
Have The Code F2 Eo..... Help!!!
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 11:09:18 AM(UTC)
Gene

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Which part did you replace: the control board (microcomputer) or the control panel (key panel)?

Gene.
Biggles209  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:36:16 AM(UTC)
Biggles209

I'm getting this error (which for this model is listed as "Keypad not connected"). The history is:

1. Ran self clean on top oven, and entire unit went dead

2. Replaced the control panel thermal fuse. Bottom oven now runs fine, top oven has no heat.

3. Replaced top oven shutdown thermal fuse. Both ovens now run for exactly 60 seconds, and then stop with F2 E0.

4. Checked keypad. All keys work as expected, and beep when pressed.

5. Checked and cleaned keypad connector. Still F2 E0.

6. Checked all oven component resistances. Most are in spec. Both door locks are a little high. Both blowers (cooling) are a little low.

7. Replaced control board with refurbished unit. Still F2 E0

There does not seem to be a front panel with the keypad available, so I can't replace this.

I'm suspicious that the error has nothing to do with the keypad. When I replaced the top oven back thermal fuse, I did not do anything at the front of the oven to disturb the keypad, and the lower oven worked prior to doing this. Could it be that the control board checks something after 60 seconds, and shuts down with the wrong error? Perhaps the blower motors are wearing out?
Gene  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:25:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

There are only two parts which can cause it. Did they refurbished your old control board or it was their replacement part? If it was their, it might be defective. Try to get another one from them.

Otherwise it's probably time for a new oven.

Gene.
Biggles209  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 4:24:56 PM(UTC)
Biggles209

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
There are only two parts which can cause it. Did the refurbished your old control board or it was their replacement part? If it was their, it might be defective. Try to get another one from them.

It was a replacement refurbished control board, supposedly fully tested and operational.

Are you sure that the problem can only be caused by the control board or keypad? After all, this is Whirlpool equipment, and I do not have a lot of faith in them.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply