Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
streetwolf  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 5:51:42 PM(UTC)
streetwolf

Groups: Registered

I ordered a replacement lid switch by searching for the part number that is on the defective one. The part number is 3949238.

This search gave me this this:

WHIRLPOOL Lid switch

As a result I ordered this one and it was shipped today. However when I was looking around your site I found another lid switch which looks more like my defective one. Here is that one:

WHIRLPOOL Lid switch assembly

The one I ordered has an extra dohickey below the paddle. Mine doesn't have that, it looks just like the second one.

Did I order the wrong part? Remember, I went by part number and it gave me the one I ordered. Should I refuse delivery and order the other one or will the one I ordered work in my machine?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 6:06:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi streetwolf

Looks like you've ordered the right part.
The major difference between these two lid switches is the shape of the quick disconnect plug.

That piece is a ground wire with a terminal and they both have it.

Gene.
streetwolf  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2007 4:23:08 AM(UTC)
streetwolf

Thanks for the quick reply Gene.

The lid switch I am replacing looks like the one I ordered as far as the placement of the grounding wire. It is near the switch itself as opposed to the other switch where it's by the connector.

The dohickey I mentioned (hope I spelled that right) is the wedge shape object that is under the paddle on the switch I ordered (first link). My bad switch doesnt' have that piece. As I said it looks like the second switch except for the placement of the ground wire.

What is that extra piece for?
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:32:57 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Streetwolf,

The switch you ordered is the right one for your model. Don't worry about it, the new switch should work just fine. I honestly don't know what that thingie is for, but looks like some sort of a protector for the paddle.

By the way, the old switch should have a part number stamped on it. You can double check by part number if you like. It should change to 3949238.