Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flatlander  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:37:43 AM(UTC)
flatlander

Groups: Registered

We have had a Whirlpool clothes washer and dryer for years. We have 5 kids but only 2 of them remain home now (with 2 in college and still bring back huge laundry baskets after a month or two!).

Our units have had continuous use.

The dryer is 12-13 years old - I've replaced the drum belt twice, the idler bearing assembly once and the sequencing motor once.

Our top-loading washer is at least 15 years old and I've never had to repair it.

We live in the country and are on a well and have a septic system.

We want to replace the washer first and are considering a front loader. We like the idea of using much less water, are told they can be easier on clothes, and spin better, requiring less drying time.

We've looked at most of the various makes and models are leaning towards the Whirlpool Duet. But I'd like to draw on the wisdom and experience of this group.

My question to this group of experts who see lots of problems with various models - what has proven to be the most reliable? What would you get?

I hesitate to ask which ones to stay away from but feel free to comment if you want!

Thanks,

Flatlander
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.