Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
draven66  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 3:26:49 PM(UTC)
draven66

Groups: Registered

I have one of those black Danby DMW### something microwaves, and it will work for a short while before it starts beeping then the controls stop working. It does this almost immediatly when it is hot or around alot of humidity but behaves better in the winter. I read somewhere I should replace the HV cap or the draining diode. I tested the diode with an ohmeter and it doesn't give me a reading.

I'd really like to fix this on my own despite whatever cost so I can learn from the experience. The knowledge is more important to me then buying a new one and filling up the landfill.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

draven66  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:33:05 PM(UTC)
draven66

ok well I replaced the drain diode on the hv cap and the problem is still apparent after a few minutes of use so my educated guess is that it's the control board for the touchpad thats sending bogus signals till it locks up since the microwave heats up a dish fine until that happens.

Can someone confirm my suspicion? I don't see anything suspicious on the control board after a glance. No bulging caps.
mpablate  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 1:26:49 AM(UTC)
mpablate

I think it is a minor problem, have you tried resetting?

I mean unplug the oven, and open the door of the oven, and press 0 and reset button together while plugin the oven back in.

If this doesn't work, I think you need to call a technician as well.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply