Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
patbob  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 2:51:12 PM(UTC)
patbob

Groups: Registered

Does anyone know if there's been a wiring change internal to the Whirlpool cloths washer timers, or in the harness that connects to them?

I bought a new timer for my washer and the motor just humms until its thermal breaker trips. If I replace the old timer, the motor works fine. New timer, humms and doesn't work. Old timer, works fine... etc.

Washer model number is KAWE777BWH1. Timer part number is 3946476. I've confirmed this is the correct part number, and it is also the same number as on the labels of both the old and new timers.

So.. is there a wiring harness change or something that I also need to do in order to use the new timer?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:52:45 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Sounds like maybe you got a bad part. Go back to where you got it and makes them exchange it. If nothing else it will rule out a bad replacement.
patbob  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 10:45:13 AM(UTC)
patbob

That's what I thought too, just thought I'd ask. I'm not in the industry -- maybe whirlpool issued some wiring update for my 16 year old washer that makes it compatible with the new timer. Good to hear that's not the case since I'll still need to replace the timer.

And the place refuses to take the part back (long irrelevant story).. lesson learned, and a google review posted in the hopes of helping others avoid making the same mistake with that supplier (not this site, BTW).
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 2:31:12 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Sorry about that. This site does allow returns, they are very good about it which is one of the reason those of us who reply (we are volunteers, not connected to the parts operations of APP) have such great confidence in the people at APPP
patbob  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 3:46:10 PM(UTC)
patbob

Thanks. That's pretty much what I gathered, which is why I'm here. And I intend to order the other parts I need from here too.. I like to help support places that have good forum scenes going on with my $.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply