Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
moransm  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2007 8:08:39 AM(UTC)
moransm

Groups: Registered

Hi, my refrigerator is five years old and started dripping water from the water dispenser. I was getting water from the dispenser when I heard a loud pop and smoke rolled out from the around the power board. After the dispenser quit working it started to spontaneously spit water out in large amounts when the icemaker dumps new ice. Also I noticed the ice maker was making thinner ice cubes.
I pulled the panel off replace the burnt power board #38. The water dispenser works again, but it slowly drips all the time as well as spitting water out spontaneously and ice problems are still an issue.
Any ideas what else is wrong and how to check or fix??????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2007 2:26:07 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
The water dispenser works again, but it slowly drips all the time as well as spitting water out spontaneously

I would replace any inline water filter to make sure you have good water pressure to the refrigerator. If you are sure you have good water pressure to the refrigerator then I would replace the water inlet valve on the back of the refrigerator.
moransm  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 11:18:11 AM(UTC)
moransm

Thanks for the advice, It makes since that the inlet value may be bad since ice maker isnt making solid ice. I will try this asap.
thekyian  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:22:54 PM(UTC)
thekyian

:cool: I had this same problem that I fixed. I hope this will help the next guy . My GE side by side would make ice and the ice dispenser and crusher would work. The dispenser would click but that's it. It was advised that my reservoir tubes in the bottom of my unit may be frozen. I should raise the thermostat one notch or keep more food in it. I raised the temp one notch and waited a day. No luck, I thought it must still be frozen. I was advised by the troubleshooting guide in my manual (go figure) to hold in on the dispenser for at least 2 minutes to make sure there was no air in the line. Hey, it worked. I just had to come back and not leave this an open thread Good luck...
Sonya  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 4:28:50 PM(UTC)
Sonya

Hi, I have a GE side by side. the ice maker works but I can't get the water to dispense water from the door. is there any sugesstions
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply