Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bennettjon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:04:39 AM(UTC)
bennettjon

Groups: Registered

My oven door locked in self clean mode and refuses to unlock. I tried turning off the breaker - didn't work. Actually tried it twice. Tried turning on self clean mode again - didn't work. Had a service guy down here - his solution (which he claims comes from Viking themselves) was to try to jimmy it open with a hanger. Didn't work.

I'm stuck.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:55:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Unfortunately Viking keeps all technical information as a top secret and we are not able to find any.

Gene.
ronlepow  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:37:08 PM(UTC)
ronlepow

I have the same Viking DED 0200- ss with the same problem. How did you resolve it?
Thanks,
Ron
ronlepow@bellsouth.net
barryvabeach  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:50:31 AM(UTC)
barryvabeach

I have 15 year old Viking Dual Fuel - 30 inch, it was apparently the first year that they made that model. I don't have a real solution, but wanted to post what I found on mine. Due to any earlier problem, I had to have some switches replaced, the repair guy called Viking cs, and said he couldn't find the access panel, and they said they didn't have one in that year - so he used a dremel tool to cut an access panel to the replace the switches. Recently, I had the locked door problem ( I had put it in self clean, but since the hinges had lost some tension and no longer hold the door fully closed, I had put some super magnets on the inside of the door - worked great, but when I put it on self clean, the motor tried to close the latch but it wouldn't close all the way, and made some horrible noises. I turned it off at the breaker, and let it sit overnight, but door still locked. I removed the grates, bowls, etc, and the drip tray ( before they went to sealed burners, there was a tray that runs from side to side and front to back to catch drips - it is on rollers ) Now I could see the steel above the top of the oven cavity - on some models, there is an access door - on mine there is just duct tape covering the hole the service guy cut. I just unscrewed the latch assembly, jiggled it till the door would open. The photo shows the assembly. From above, the latch lever ( Labeled A) appears to go clockwise to lock ( I am guessing that from the switches ). The latch itself - when viewed from the front, goes from left to right to lock, so if you could somehow get to it, you would want to push it to the left to open. https://picasaweb.google.com/101405539821387286781/VikingStove?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2xrMXDlPyg5gE#5653770661184162242
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply