Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kabe77  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 5:35:28 PM(UTC)
kabe77

Groups: Registered

I have a Fridigaire Gallery Convention/Convection oven which is overheating by 50 to 75 degrees. I searched the APP site diagram for this stove but did not find a "thermostat" which is what I assumed was the problem. Instead, I found a oven temp probe. I ordered this part on APP, but am wondering now if it could be something else. I have been reading past forums and see that with other ovens that were overheating, suggestions included replacing the thermostat, control board, etc. Again, I can't find either of these parts listed by description on the diagram for my oven. Any idea if I ordered the correct part?

Thanks.

;)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:14:34 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is your parts breakdown includes a wiring diagram.
Model FEF388CCTA

Temp probe and thermostat are probably the same thing.
The clock #20 in the "Backguard" section is the control board.

There is usually a way to offset/calibrate an oven temp.
Could not find your exact Model on the Frigidaire website but did find a FEF388cjtb along with others. The owners manual had the calibrate procedure on Page 21, yours may be the same

Here is a good link, check out # 7 & 8
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kabe77  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 8:38:03 AM(UTC)
kabe77

Groups: Registered

Hi Denman,

Thanks so much for the time to reply. I have since discovered that if the temp is below 400, it heats at about 50 degrees less than temp, and if temp is set above 400, it seems to heat higher than set temp. I have the temp probe, so I will likely install that. If that doesn't fix the issue, then likely I will need to order the "clock." I would have NEVER guessed that the clock was the control board...so I REALLY appreciate your help and response.

Thanks again.
kabe77