Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chouseal  
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:27:33 AM(UTC)
chouseal

Groups: Registered

I understand, and greatly appreciate all the help you've provided. I'm certainly not blaming you for my troubles, just offering a suggestion for future troubleshooting. I figured either the motor worked (fan moving) or it didn't (fan not moving). When I saw it moving, I assumed it was good.

Ah well, all water under the icemaker at this point... :)
chouseal  
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:49:49 AM(UTC)
chouseal

Groups: Registered

Just wanted to come back and report that after replacing the evaporator fan the fridge is now back up and running perfectly.

For the sake of anyone else reading this later, trying to troubleshoot a similar scenario, do NOT make the same mistake I made. Just because you see the evaporator fan spinning does NOT necessarily mean it's in proper working order. Take it out and check for proper supply voltage as well as resistance across the fan motor itself. (See Gene's excellent post here for details.)

And by all means, if you have a blown motherboard (aka main control board), check the evaporator fan as well since a bad fan can damage the board. My original board was definitely, visibly bad, but I suspect the original problem all along was the evaporator fan.