Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DerekS  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 10:01:49 AM(UTC)
DerekS

Groups: Registered

The Start and Cancel buttons on my Whirlpool Quite Partner II don't work. I am able to send it into diagnostic mode an then it will run..so I think it is working. Is this likely a faulty Touch Pad? How involved is it to replace and what would the cost be? I opened the control panel area and saw a green ribbon from the touch pad to the Control Panel?? but just closed it back up.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:13:36 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Here's a control panel. Prices are very slightly different, depending on the color you need. [COLOR="Red"]Before you start to work on it, turn the power off at the breaker[/COLOR]. You might first try inspecting that green ribbon for creases or breaks. Very gently disconnect it from the circuit board, and ever so gently, clean the brass contacts at the end of it with a pencil eraser. If it is cracked or broken, or if the cleaning doesn't work, replace the control panel.
Part number: AP3774267
ohioriverrat  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:21:01 AM(UTC)
ohioriverrat

It is very easy to replace. I replaced mine, but it did not solve my problem. Can you tell me how to send it into diagnostic mode?
magician59  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:37:07 AM(UTC)
magician59

Originally Posted by: ohioriverrat Go to Quoted Post
It is very easy to replace. I replaced mine, but it did not solve my problem. Can you tell me how to send it into diagnostic mode?

What's your model number?
ohioriverrat  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:13:11 AM(UTC)
ohioriverrat

I have a Whirlpool DU1145XTPBA. I replaced the control panel (inside) and checked the thermal fuse. It read closed. I can chose 3 of the 4 wash settings, light rinse will not work. No matter what I chose, the heated dry light comes on but it will not run nor will the cancel/drain button do anything. About 3 wks ago it would run a cycle, but the 2,4,6 hour delay lights would all come on and go off one by one about 3 minutes in the cycle. I could not turn off the heated dry at all.
magician59  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:36:49 AM(UTC)
magician59

The first thing I always check is the electrical connections under the dishwasher. A loose ground or neutral will often cause electrical symptoms that will have any repair person pulling out his hair. Make sure all the connections are secure (even if they appear to be connected).

You already know this, but I'm obligated to say it: [COLOR="Red"]Unplug the dishwasher, or turn it off at the breaker, before opening up the door panel.[/COLOR]
It sounds like you may have a bad touch pad, or bad connections between the touch pad and the control board. Check that connection. Inspect the connector ribbon for signs of damage; and check the copper ends for corrosion. You can sometimes clean these ends by gently rubbing them with a pencil eraser.

Tell us what you find.
ohioriverrat  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:51:11 AM(UTC)
ohioriverrat

Mine is hard wired, so I have been turning off the breaker. I was leaning toward the touch pad also. Is there a way to see beneath the cover that overlays it? After trying the new part and testing the thermal fuse, I just put it back together. I've priced the touch pad (about $240) so I'm leaving toward a new machine all together. Don't think I'll buy another Whirlpool. This one isn't very old. Any suggestions for a different brand or what to be sure to avoid? Thanks for your help. PS Is there a way to try to put this machine in diagnostic mode? I have did the heated dry/normal thing 3 times but it didn't do anything.
magician59  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:18:47 AM(UTC)
magician59

If you register on this website (it's free), you will be able to download a complete service manual for your machine: ApplianceDigest.com - Appliance Repair Service Manuals

If you decide to replace your dishwasher, I would stick with an American-made brand; just because parts and service are more readily available.

Believe it or not, Whirpool DOES make a fine product. Just like cars, however, you can get a mass-produced machine that doesn't stack up against the standard.

Bear in mind that each manufacturer makes different lines to suit different budgets; and if you go for the lowest price, you'll get the lowest quality.
deepseapt  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2016 12:51:01 PM(UTC)
deepseapt

All the lights seem to work, the pump turns on and drains the dishwasher, using the drain/cancel button, but I can not get it to turn on or run through its cycles. Have cut power several times, doesn't reset. The Start but blinks 3 times then nothing. All of this after 1 yr. Granddaughter played with the buttons and pretty lights for about ten seconds.
Is there a way to reset the unit via codes, or to reset the PROM chip?
Thank you. :D
Found a schematic with a Diagnostic Cycle Reset:
To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform the following key presses or actions in less than 6 seconds while in standby: Heated Dry ➙ Normal ➙ Heated Dry ➙ Normal.
Let Diagnostic Cycle run to the end, machine is running like a champ again.

All in all, 45 minutes on the computer, and the cost of a repairman onsite + repairs, (or might as well have just buy a new dishwasher for that cost,) WAS AVERTED.