Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:24:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Unfortunately the tech sheet does not help much with such problem diagnosis. In this situation we are mostly guessing (I really hate it) and it's up to you which part to replace first. I would start with the user interface board, but you can replace the CCU first.

- The user interface board Part number: AP3955884
Part number: AP3955884

- The CCU board Part number: AP3881119
Part number: AP3881119

Gene.
richardson  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:02:35 PM(UTC)
richardson

Groups: Registered

Gene,
Thank you for the advice. We ordered both parts but UI board was on backorder for 2 weeks. Luckily, CCU came in 1 day and when we replaced it, washer is now working. We cancelled the UI board order. Now time to do loads and loads of laundry.
Thank you again!
Gene  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:29:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad to hear you are back in business and you hit the bulls eye on very first try.

Gene.
earm99  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 12:30:53 PM(UTC)
earm99

Hi Gene,
Thanks for the help you provide in this forum, I have the same issue the Control Panel does not turns on I followed the troubleshooting and I hear a sound on the CCU which can be downloaded from here Kenmore Elite 110.27032600 CCU Sound.mp3 I was wondering if I should replace the CCU or the UI Board any guidance is greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Gene  
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:16:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Which instructions did you use for the troubleshooting? Did you find the Tech sheet for your model?

Gene.
earm99  
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 6:13:30 PM(UTC)
earm99

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Which instructions did you use for the troubleshooting? Did you find the Tech sheet for your model?

Gene.

Hi Gene,

I found the Tech Sheet on Another site, it is the same troubleshooting steps, one person there posted a "test" to identify if the CCU or UI board is at Fault which is:

"Disconnect the board from the CCU (while the washer is unplugged) and leave for more than 2min after that period of time connect the washer without connecting the board and if you hear the lid lock then unlocking and the water pump throws a little water then the UI is at fault, if the CCU does not allow for the above to be done then replace the CCU"

In my case my washer did not do anything but if you follow the tech sheet it seems that the UI is at fault at least if you consider the sound coming out the CCU (which I uploaded on the previous post) is a click.

Thanks a lot for your time and help on this.

Best Regards,
-Eduardo
Gene  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:31:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: earm99 Go to Quoted Post
...I found the Tech Sheet on Another site, it is the same troubleshooting steps, one person there posted a "test" to identify if the CCU or UI board is at Fault which is:

"Disconnect the board from the CCU (while the washer is unplugged) and leave for more than 2min after that period of time connect the washer without connecting the board and if you hear the lid lock then unlocking and the water pump throws a little water then the UI is at fault, if the CCU does not allow for the above to be done then replace the CCU"...

Hi Eduardo,

I don't think this test is what do you need for this washer. You may want to perform the troubleshooting as described in the attached Tech sheet (test# 4, page 5).

- The UI board Part number: AP3890793
Part number: AP3890793

- The machine control board Part number: AP4360738
Part number: AP4360738

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Cabrio.pdf (368kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
watson023  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:16:57 PM(UTC)
watson023

I desperately need help. I went through the troubleshooting instructions and took note of the "clicks" comment in this thread to determine my CCU needed replacing.

Just got my $100 CCU in the mail today and hooked it up. Gave me power, I ran a drain and spin (didn't spin but it sounded like it was draining). Then after it was done, it once again showed a 2 min spin/drain, so I clicked cancel. After this point, no power whatsoever.

I rehooked the old CCU and clicked cancel twice - no click sound or anything. Hooked the new one back up and did the same - nothing. Tried each one another time with no luck.

Are my wires shorting out my board, or what can I do?