Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amyjo37  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:36:33 AM(UTC)
amyjo37

Groups: Registered

Replaced motor coupling, got the cabinet back on :) Now there is severe wobbling and then a terrible thump when the spin cycle stops. The counter balance spring is intact, the 3 brown pads are intact. Any ideas on balancing this tub? :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 3:06:20 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The skate board may be out of position if you had it on it's side for repair.Remove cabinet and check both sides of skate board for missalignment.
BrokenPete  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 2:53:25 PM(UTC)
BrokenPete

I am having the same problem with my Whirlpool Washing Maching after replacing the coupler. The unit was on it's side several times over the past few weeks.

So what are these Skate Boards you are talking about? I already removed the cabinet....
richappy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:21:29 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The skateboard is a triangular base that the tub rides on.Just compare the left side to the right side to see where the problem is.
BrokenPete  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:29:25 PM(UTC)
BrokenPete

My gosh!! Guess what was not properly alined under the tub?? The skateboard I got it put back in place and it works like a charm. Wife is happy; I am happy; son who overstuffed washer is happy; world is a better place :)

Thank you sooo much for the tip. I was baffled for a good month over that. If you are ever in Key Largo Florida drop by Pennekamp Coral Reef Park and look me up (I'm the only Pete who is a ranger there) and I will give you carte blance on snorkling / glass bottom boat tour!