Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
campbell42  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:52:02 PM(UTC)
campbell42

Groups: Registered

I have a GE WNSR3090V0WW washer. Most functions seem to be working; the tub fills with water, drains and the basket spins. However, the agitator does not seem to be working any more. I took the front cover off, and I see the motor is working and the belt is moving during the time that the agitator is supposed to be moving. But, the agitator just sits there. I have found that if I put some sideways pressure on the agitator during the wash cycle, I will get some movement but not a lot.

Any ideas what is wrong, and if there is anything else I can do to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 5:51:16 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Pull of the agitator (be careful, it might come loose suddenly and smack you in the face) and try replacing this part here.

Part number: AP3964635
campbell42  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:01:23 AM(UTC)
campbell42

Should that part spin freely, or should it stop when I rotate it?

Also, when the washer is running, and is in the wash cycle when the agitator does not move, I do not see the transmission below moving either.

Thanks
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:06:13 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

If the belt is turning but the pulley on the transmission is not then you probably have a bad transmission.
campbell42  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:27:30 PM(UTC)
campbell42

Belt turns and pulley at the bottom turns, but the transmission doesn't move, so I was thinking it was the transmission (but really hoping it wasn't since they're not fun to replace.)

Since there's a good return policy here, I went ahead and ordered a trasmission last week. Transmission came in yesterday and I'm trying to install it today. Could not find my tool from when I replace the transmission on the washer 8 years ago. Would have loved to known that the tool was gone when I was ordering so I could order a new spanner tool, but I digress. Monkey wrench should work, but apparently the nut is frozen on there no matter how much I bang it (yes, I'm keeping in mind that the nut turn opposite of normal). Have just sprayed it with WD40 in hopes that will help remove it.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:04:59 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

That nut is very difficult to get off at times. Good luck, keep at it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply