Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
texanokie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:03:47 AM(UTC)
texanokie

Groups: Registered

Turned off the circuit breaker for the oven and when turned back on, the display/touchpad panel was dead (no lights on). Was working prior to cycling power. Checked power at oven terminals and found OK (240/120). Checked the control transformer primary and found to be dead. Found what appears to be a fuse on the rear of the control board (left of center at top) that is open. Reads open with ohm meter and reads 0 volts on left side with power on. Thermal fuse to control board checks Ok with ohm meter. My questions are:
1. Is this really a fuse (I couldn't see it too good and didn't have a magnifying glass) and can it be replaced.
2. Is there possibily something else bad in the control board that blew the fuse or some other component in the oven.
3. Would cycling the power to the oven have blown the fuse.
4. Should I replace the control board
5. Should I call the repairman

Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:47:57 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is the parts breakdown
Model KEBS277DBL4

Here is the tech sheet in case you do not have it.
https://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%204454771.pdf

1. Is this really a fuse (I couldn't see it too good and didn't have a magnifying glass) and can it be replaced.
Yes: it looks like a slow blow fuse to me, should just pry up out of the holders. Sorry could not find the rating for it. Should be imprinted on the metal ends. If replacing make sure you get slow blow type.

2. Is there possibily something else bad in the control board that blew the fuse or some other component in the oven.
It is always a possibility.

3. Would cycling the power to the oven have blown the fuse.
Not sure what you mean by cycling. But if you were flipping the breaker off/on it may have taken the fuse out. This is just a guess because I do not have a schematic of the board.

4. Should I replace the control board
I would try replacing the fuse first.

5. Should I call the repairman
Cannot make a call on this depends on how electrically/mechanically inclined you are, what the cost is going to be, do you know of a repair shop with good techs etc etc etc
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
libertyappl  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:48:45 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

It could be a number of things.
Here's the breakdown Model KEBS277DBL4
You may want to check the thermal fuse on the back of the unit (#37 on page 3) That is a common part to go out.

Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply