Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bryan Pierce  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 4:46:28 PM(UTC)
Bryan Pierce

Groups: Registered

Howdy,

Looking for assistance on troubleshooting an error code on my range/oven. Have a Frigidaire Professional Series Range/Oven that works fine except for when trying to run the cleaning cycle. Any choice of cleaning mode cause the error. Things seem fine for the first few seconds while it seems like it's locking the door. Then, the F20 Err comes up and then the Cooktop Lockout feature comes on. As well, the door lock won't clear no matter how long you wait. I ended up having to reset the breaker to bring the unit back to operation.

I do have all the manuals that came with the unit but none address the F codes.

Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 5:24:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would check is the door lock switches and the wire harness.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Frigidaire range Model PLES389ECB

Gene.
Bryan Pierce  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 7:54:40 PM(UTC)
Bryan Pierce

Thanks Gene, I'll see what I can check out using those schematics and post a reply. I have a limited set of tools (i.e. a real cheap multi-meter) but it might be enough to do the trick.

This will probably take a few days to fit into the schedule but I'll be sure to oost a new reply once I run through the checks.

Thanks.
Bryan Pierce  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2008 7:24:29 AM(UTC)
Bryan Pierce

- I tried printing the parts/schematics from the link you sent but the detail was not so good (unreadable) so I did a quick search and found a high quality PDF and downloaded that. For starters I located where the door latch was on the diagram but then got to thinking that because our door actually locks (and never unlocks) then I'm assuming the door lock mechanism is probably good. So, that leaves the wire harness to look at. My next assumption is to try and reset/receded any of the connections but other than that I guess I'm not sure what 'check the wire hareness' might included. Do you have any tips/tricks on what I might be looking for?

Thanks.

-Bryan
Gene  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2008 3:39:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Bryan Pierce Go to Quoted Post
...because our door actually locks (and never unlocks) then I'm assuming the door lock mechanism is probably good...

Bryan,

I said:"check the door lock Switches". The door can be locked but if the switch is bad then the control board does not see it. It could be because of bad (broken) wire harness too.

Gene.
Bryan Pierce  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2008 7:24:54 PM(UTC)
Bryan Pierce

Ok, I dug into the unit and pulled most of the backguard apart to get at the harness and door latch assembly. I didn't see anything that may have seemed unusual around the connections or wiring. However, your comment on the door switches makes me ask the question of what's the process to check the switches? I had the actual door lock assembly out but didn't really do anything with it. The schematic I have shows the Latch Motor switches with symbols NC and NO. I'm making a huge assumption that those might mean Normally Open and Normally Closed - feel free to chuckly if that's way off. I guess I'm looking for the meat and potatoes answer of how I should go about checking the switches.

P.S. I have a pretty good background with avionics wiring but I'm used to a bit more detail with regards to technical documentation to assist with signal tracing and such. Given my situation here, the hand holding is much appreciated so please don't feel like you need to spare the details. I don't mind the details at all.

Thanks again.

Bryan.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 2:54:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Bryan,

You got right in bulls eye with NO and NC symbols.

You have to check them for continuity now, keeping in mind that when the switch button is popped out - the circuit should be NO or NC, what ever is shown on the schematic. When the button is depressed the reading should be opposite.

Gene.
P.S. Do not forget to mark the wires before you'll remove them from the switches.
Bryan Pierce  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:29:02 AM(UTC)
Bryan Pierce

Ok, great! It'lll be a couple days until I can check it again. I'm shooting for tonight but it'll probably be tomorrow evening.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:15:07 AM(UTC)
Gene

Keep us posted.

Gene.