Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dallymemally  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 2:29:15 PM(UTC)
dallymemally

Groups: Registered

I noticed water around front of dishwasher. The drain pump would not turn off, even after I opened the door! Any help?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 2:39:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi dallymemally

The control on your dishwasher is sensing a water leak and forcing the drain pump to stay on. To find out were it is leaking from and fix it, the dishwasher has to be removed from the cabinet. If the dishwasher is less the 2 years old and you are the original owner then it is still under the manufacturer warranty and I would recommend to call the Bosch.

Gene.
dallymemally  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
dallymemally

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi dallymemally

The control on your dishwasher is sensing a water leak and forcing the drain pump to stay on. To find out were it is leaking from and fix it, the dishwasher has to be removed from the cabinet. If the dishwasher is less the 2 years old and you are the original owner then it is still under the manufacturer warranty and I would recommend to call the Bosch.

Gene.

Thanks Gene! unfortunately, we are not the original owner. the dishwasher was in the house when we bought it...i will look to see if it is still under warrenty. is it an overwhelming job to remove it from the cabinet?

Thanks again,

Dally
wdos  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 2:47:25 PM(UTC)
wdos

:) my bosch dishwasher had the same problem.

The DW must be removed. there is a metal plate on the right side that must be removed. There are two floats, one styrofoam one in the large lower drain pan that is under the whole DW and another plastic one within a plastic holder on the side. there are two red extensions from the floats to the switch. If either one is "up" then the drain pump operates continuously regardless of the power switch. My unit had built up calcium in the small plastic float and it it got stuck in the up position. Just disassemble and clean it.

Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply