Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cfebles73  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 4:04:08 AM(UTC)
cfebles73

Groups: Registered

i was cleaning out the lint trap to the dryer when i banged myelf against the wall and this small glue stick fell down and rolled down the lint chute. how do i get it out? does this mean i shouldn't use the dryer? i don't want to start drying anything for fear of it causing a fire or malfunction. can someone help. i have a kenmore 80 series electric dryer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 4:52:37 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Pull the lint filter out, and take the 2 phillip head screws out, and then go to the back, and unplug the dryer, and take the back off. On the left hand side there is the lint filter chute. There are 4 screws, that hold it in place, take them out, and move the lint chute out of the way, and clean it out. Tom
cfebles73  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 5:07:40 AM(UTC)
cfebles73

thanks for the advice. i haven't been back there yet, but shouldn't there be a way that if ANY object falls in the chute there should be a way for it to exit? my thinking (from reading these forums) that there is a blower fan that should just "shove" it out to the exhaust pipe in the back, right? anyway, i'm still going to get my tools and get started...
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2009 6:46:32 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is a link, check out #17
http://www.applianceaid.com/whirlpool-dryers.html

Do not run it with the item in the blower. It may move to where it will do no harm but also could jam the blower and either break it or blow your motor!!!
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
skaiden  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 30, 2010 8:40:04 AM(UTC)
skaiden

:) Thank you so much - I was able to retrieve a magic marker from my dryer on my own! The power of the internet and experts at work!

skaiden
PJMLEV  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:36:52 AM(UTC)
PJMLEV

I've had to clear things out of the top-mounted lint chute twice on my Kenmore gas dryer. The easiest, fastest way to remove items both times was this: unplug, turn off gas, remove the gas line, grounding wire, and dryer vent hose. Lay the dryer down on the front. Tip dryer up so it's standing on the top (a plastic bin under the top protects the switch console. Once inverted, whatever was in the chute easily slid out with gravity's help. Reverse the steps above to put the dryer back in working order. The entire process took about 15 minutes, including time to clean the floor under the dryer.
Reblmom  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:15:19 AM(UTC)
Reblmom

Thank you for the wonderful advice! One additional thing to try first - disconnect the vent hose from the dryer and outside vent to see if the object fell in there. I was all set to open the back of the dryer when my husband made that suggestion...lo and behold, the chapstick had gone all the way to the hose.
beckyfroks  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 10:23:39 AM(UTC)
beckyfroks

Originally Posted by: PJMLEV Go to Quoted Post
I've had to clear things out of the top-mounted lint chute twice on my Kenmore gas dryer. The easiest, fastest way to remove items both times was this: unplug, turn off gas, remove the gas line, grounding wire, and dryer vent hose. Lay the dryer down on the front. Tip dryer up so it's standing on the top (a plastic bin under the top protects the switch console. Once inverted, whatever was in the chute easily slid out with gravity's help. Reverse the steps above to put the dryer back in working order. The entire process took about 15 minutes, including time to clean the floor under the dryer.

Dear PJMLEV,
Thank you SO much!! My nit wit son dropped a FULL SIZED Flathead screwdriver down the chute and after initially following the steps to try to unattach the lint chute, found that with the dryer model we have it wouldn't work. Then we saw yours about turning it upside down and it was AWESOME! I was NOT looking forward to having to pay for someone to come and get it out.
#9 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 6:27:23 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thank you -- turning the dryer over worked! I actually didn't have to turn it completely over, just on its side and then I could reach into the casing to pull out what I dropped. Thank you!!
#10 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 6:21:48 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This method worked for me!!! Amazing! I dropped a Sharpie in there and I did what you said - disconnected everything and flipped it over. I was skeptical but it worked right away - the sharpie dropped right out. Thank you !!! :-)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply