Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GHG  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:35:18 AM(UTC)
GHG

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Spacemaker 2700 top load Washer/Dryer combo that is less than 5 yrs old. Recently it stopped filling with Cold water entirely. If you select Cold, Warm, or Hot all you get is Hot Water or sometimes no water at all if you select Cold on it's own. It won't fill in Rinse cycle at all since it requires Cold water, and it won't inject Cold water in the Spin cycle as it should. Don't know if it's the valve, solenoid, or pump that is causing the issue. I have changed the water pump in a car so I'm handy enough that I think I could repair it myself if the problem points to a simple pump change but I'm looking for some guidance and step by step instructions for the repair for this model if possible. Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 3:50:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It is very likely the valve assembly. See if you can determine if 120v is getting to the terminals on the cold water assembly, if so replace the valve asssembly and you should be all set. If power is not getting to the valve assembly the problem is with the timer/control unit, but this is more unlikely.
GHG  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:26:37 AM(UTC)
GHG

Full Model No. is WSM2700HAWWW
GHG  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:13:13 AM(UTC)
GHG

*Update-I live in a multi-unit high rise-they didn't install drains in the W/D spaces so instead they put in the WATTS Intelliflow Automatic Washing Machine Shutoff Valve-Model A2C-M1-in speaking to the maintenance/handyman who works in the building they have encountered this problem before and it has always been the WATTS machine that was causing this problem. We disconnected the hose from the washing machine and tried to fill it with the hose pointed into a bucket and no water came out on the cold setting but the washer filled on Hot or Warm. So with 190 units in the building and this happening before I'm inclined to go with his experience and believe it's the watts machine....thoughts?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply