Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jlmac27  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 8:03:38 PM(UTC)
jlmac27

Groups: Registered

Hey guys,
I just bought a new 25,000 BTU frigidaire ac window unit and it does not have a drain hole in the bottom.I can see where the low part is and looks as if it it is shaped for water to drain.There is also an area there where it looks like a hole should be drilled.I turned it on and after a little while of it running I could here the water being thrown around in there.What should I do?Thanks a million.:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jlmac27  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:51:31 AM(UTC)
jlmac27

Groups: Registered

Well I looke elsewhere on the net and found that it is suppose to do this .It aids in cooling the coils for further efficiency.This forum use to be helpful; but have not seen that in my past two problems.:(
denman  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:18:48 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry that no one could help you in the past but this forum has a limited number of regular posters and when it is busy unfortunately some people get missed. Also sometimes no one knows the answer. Many time if I see the question has a response I will not reply as there are many non answered questions.

I will not be much help here either but can let you know my experience with a similar unit (mine are 10,000 BTU).
It is not a Frigidaire and as they are out at the cottage I do not know the make but they also they did not have a drain.
The water was used to cool the condenser coil and the coil was supposed to evaporate off the water, unfortunately this did not work properly. Too much water gathered in the tray and it would then overfill and drip. To make this even worse was that the low point in the bottom tray/pan with a hole in it would have been inside the wall so it would have screwed me up royally.

I am not sure if this was caused by only using the units on the weekends and therefore they ran for a long time to get the temperature and humidity down perhaps if always on they would evaporate off the water.

I fixed mine by jiggery pokering in a drain tube where some water will collect on the condenser coil but it will not allow an overfill. This is probably less efficient but to me it is better that having a wall rot out.

So basically if I was you I would keep an eye on it.
Hopefully Frigidaire has done a better job of designing this system.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply