Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ratboy915  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:20:49 AM(UTC)
ratboy915

Groups: Registered

My oven thermostat need to be replaced. The button that turns the oven on is broken. I changed the knobs hoping for a cheap way out and all i got was 2 knobs lol. Can someone let me know how to replace the thermostat. thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:01:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
ratboy915
To replace the oven thermostat is not a complicated job but first I would like to know why you believe the thermostat has to be replaced and what did you mean when you wrote: "The button that turns the oven on is broken".
The best thing if you can make a picture(s) of what ever you think is bad with the thermostat and post them (or link to) together with your answers.
I really want to provide the best possible help and I do not like you to waste you money.
Gene.
ratboy915  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 6:39:15 AM(UTC)
ratboy915

Groups: Registered

the knob that turns my oven on must be pushed in so it can turn on the oven. It will not do that anymore. I can spin the knob in circles but it wont turn on the oven. I had someone look at it and he told me the thermostat was bad and wanted 250 dollars to repair. so after kicking him out of my house I bought a thermostat for 40 dollars. what i did yesterday was instead of replacing entire thermostat i took off the knob that turns oven on. I took off the 2 screws and the metal piece that the knob goes on and replaced it. It seemed bent for some reason. But after I replaced it the oven works fine. all knobs working well and oven heats up just like it always did.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 7:47:00 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
ratboy915
Good for you! I would not do it better.
Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply