Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billkeefe  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 8:21:46 AM(UTC)
billkeefe

Groups: Registered

Ice maker quit working totally. Makes no noise and won't fill with water. I suspect it can be the water solenoid or the ctrl/mtr assy. How do I determine which???? Could it be something else too?????
Thanks in advane for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Tatersalad  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 12:05:23 PM(UTC)
Tatersalad

My Neighbor and myself had the same problem.

Mine has the copper tube connected to the water line in the basement, with the little screw type that makes a hole. I cranked it closed and reopened it and heard the water rush thru the tube. Been over a year, no problem since.

My neighbor had someone changed their valve out, fixed it too.

Hope this helps.
billkeefe  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 1:18:37 PM(UTC)
billkeefe

Thanks for the advise........my line is nylon and is a direct hook up to the water line so don't think the problem is here.
Tatersalad  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 1:30:38 PM(UTC)
Tatersalad

Originally Posted by: billkeefe Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the advise........my line is nylon and is a direct hook up to the water line so don't think the problem is here.

There must be a shut off valve somewhere between the water supply and the ice maker, if not, you would have to shut off the water to the whole house to disconnect. Most systems will have someway of shutting down the water, to move the fridge.

Dont take this wrong, just trying to help you out. It worked for 2 out of 2 people with Whirlpool side by sides.

Another option is where the water enters the ice maker = Frozen.
Lightly squeeze it and inspect to see if it is frozen, hair dryer worked for me.

Good Luck!

I wish they made stuf like they used to!
billkeefe  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 1:43:31 PM(UTC)
billkeefe

sorry didn't mean to lead you astray. My line does come from a shutoff valve but is not the saddle type as you described but instead is directly in the line. I also have water available in the door where you can fill a glass ect.
Thnks again
Tatersalad  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 3:23:39 PM(UTC)
Tatersalad

sorry didn't mean to lead you astray. My line does come from a shutoff valve but is not the saddle type as you described but instead is directly in the line. I also have water available in the door where you can fill a glass ect.
Thnks again

Ok, then you have a real shut off type valve, like my neighbor has.

I went over to her house, opened and closed the valve a couple times and it worked for a short period of time. She then had it changed out and it has worked ever since.

We both had to de-ice the area/opening, inside the freezer, where the water comes out, to fill the ice maker.

The give-away on whats going on. Are you getting water thru the door water supply? If you are, then I would check the following:

1. ice refill water supply being frozen.
2. the refill lazer/flap inside the freezer, & the button (make sure it is on).

I remember getting some water intermittenly thru the door(sputtering on & off), but no ice. When it did make ice, the qubes were about 1/2 size, or none at all.

When my problem initially began, I would of never thought the water supply was blocked, by the way the door water was producing.

If you have any of the above symptoms, open and close the valve that the supply line is hooked up to. More than likely, the supply to the icemaker is frozen too.

If that does not fix the problem, your stuck here waiting for someone to reply to you, never answered my post. You might need to be more specific with the problem to get an answer, I do not know.

Good Luck.
ramjet710  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:18:39 PM(UTC)
ramjet710

Ice maker quit working totally. Makes no noise and won't fill with water. I suspect it can be the water solenoid or the ctrl/mtr assy. How do I determine which???? Could it be something else too?????
Thanks in advane for any help.

Hi I have the same problem get water to the ice water but not to the ice maker if yours is fixed can you tell me what the problem was. Thanks