Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bren  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:32:27 PM(UTC)
bren

Groups: Registered

My daughter has a small Tappan gas range. None of the burners or the oven will light. Is there some test I should do to diagnose the problem or is it a simple replace the spark module(I am assuming that is the part name, located on the bottom of the range, that the 3 lead wires come into and all other wires go out to the knobs). If it is the spark module, is there an enexpensive version that I can replace it with? Thank you so much for any advice.
Bren
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:38:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Bren
The first thing I would do check if there is the power to the range from the wall outlet. If this is not an issue then the spark module has to be replaced. Unfortunately there are no other choice but the original part. The part number for the spark module is AP2137161 .

Be very careful when you'll replace it, do not switch wires. If the new part looks different, read marks on the terminals. For the output wires it should be 1, 2 and reig. Wires from the terminals numbers 1 and 2 go to the top burners and could be switched around, but the wire comes from the reig terminal must be connected to the oven igniter only!

For your references following is the break down diagrams for the Tappan gas range Model MGF500PBWC

Good luck.
Gene.
bren  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2007 11:15:18 AM(UTC)
bren

Groups: Registered

Gene,

Thank you so much for the reply! It is greatly appreciated.
It turned out to be the cord had touched the back of the stove and melted through to the copper. I replaced the cord and it works now. However, I thought it was strange that by touching the back of the stove caused it to melt.
Again, thank you so much.

Bren
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply