Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whoopah  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:17:10 PM(UTC)
whoopah

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have a Frigidaire Gallery, #GLEF396ASC. The front right burner (the one that is multi-sized) just started having this problem after 6-7 years.

When I turn the knob into the off position (it clicks, so I *know* it's off), the display changes to "HE" like it should but it's on high-heat instead. The burner stays on until I kill the power at the circuit breaker. I waited until the burner cooled to the touch and put the circuit breaker back on. The display immediately went into "HE" and it quickly turned on with high heat.

Any help on a replacement part and how to make a repair would be appreciated. Thanks!
james talbot  
#22 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 8:53:16 AM(UTC)
james talbot

Originally Posted by: Morris Go to Quoted Post
Please help!!! One day I turned on one of the elements on my Frigidaire electric stove/cooktop oven and placed a pot on it, when I was done I went to shut off the element as I usually do, but the element did not shut off and stays on in full force unless I unplug the oven from the wall. What do you think is the cause for this? What do I need to replace? I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance, Morris.

Morris some of the frigidaire ranges had a recall yours might be one if it is a ceran top call frigidaire give themthe modle and serial they might be able to help.
Don Hibbits  
#23 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 11:08:07 AM(UTC)
Don Hibbits

Originally Posted by: Morris Go to Quoted Post
Please help!!! One day I turned on one of the elements on my Frigidaire electric stove/cooktop oven and placed a pot on it, when I was done I went to shut off the element as I usually do, but the element did not shut off and stays on in full force unless I unplug the oven from the wall. What do you think is the cause for this? What do I need to replace? I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance, Morris.

Rt front burner will not turn off
denman  
#24 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2014 4:03:06 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Call Frigidaire or do some hunting on the net as there was a recall for this problem.
You will need your model number.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!