Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tennfly  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 9:12:03 AM(UTC)
tennfly

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore Cold Spot side by side refrigerator/freezer is no longer cooling /freezing. The lights and cooling fan are working. I took off the back and I could hear a slight clicking noise, like the compressor was cycling. The compressor tank was hot. Any ideas what is wrong?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 10:40:34 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

If the compressor was too hot to touch, it may be clicking off on overheat. If it's hot, but doesn't burn you when you momentarily contact it, start checking inside the freezer section. Do you see a frost build-up? Perhaps even enough to bulge against the panel inside it, at the back? Remove the rear panel inside the freezer and tell us what you observe; especially the physical appearance of the evaporator coil (frosted? smothered in snowy frost? Localized block of frost or ice? etc.).
Gary Gross  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:04:59 PM(UTC)
Gary Gross

Groups: Registered

i have the same issue and I have taken off the back panels inside the freezer and found frost/ice buildup on the coil. Also the fan in the freezer, above the coils, is not running.