Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gamble97  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:07:02 AM(UTC)
gamble97

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch SHE44C06UC for the past 3 years. Not used daily, sometimes not even weekly. The past year or so I have hardly used it. Did a load of dishes and the bottom was full of water and would not drain. I pulled it out and made sure nothing was clogged. I used about 80psi of air from my air compressor and blew it through the lines. I also used my wet/dry shop vac and sucked all the water out of the tube that connects to the sink. Worked like a charm so I know I don't have a blockage.
The dishwasher turns on and sounds like it does everything it normally does. It hums when it trys to drain the water. Sounds like the motor is spinning.
I can spin the wheel that pushes the water by hand no problem.
Any advice on where to go from here?
Much appreciated!! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kimster  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:29:57 AM(UTC)
kimster

Follow this video on how to get to the impeller and the backflow preventer and your problems should be fixed. Worked for me.

Bosch Dishwasher Not Draining Repair Help Online : ApplianceRepairLesson.com
gamble97  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:52:50 AM(UTC)
gamble97

I have done this, but not pulling the black piece off, I'll try it tonight and run a rinse&hold and see what happens.
I will report back, thanks.
gamble97  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 6:56:35 AM(UTC)
gamble97

So I looked at this last night. Took it apart and sucked out all the water with a wet/dry vac and the pump I can spin by hand. Used some needle nose pliers and pulled the rubber piece out and all looks good. I hit the drain cancel and flipped the switch in the door so it would think the door is closed and the pump kicked on and started spinning and hit me in the face with old water. Great...I put it all back together and decide to turn it on and let it run a full cycle. Full cycle takes over 2 hours so I went to bed, wake up this morning and the damn thing is still humming like the pump is still spinning. Open it up and see that I still have water at the bottom.
So now, water at the bottoms still and the pump is spinning. Where do I go from here?
Applianceaid  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 3:54:45 PM(UTC)
Applianceaid

The black seal you pulled out should not have been removed. Now the dishwasher is in flood mode. There is a float switch in the bottom of the unit in case water gets down inside in the event water does get in the base pan only the drain motor runs. If the pump worked when it was apart its not your problem. You have a restriction somewhere likely to be found in the drain hose friend.

Bosch Dishwasher Repair Help
gamble97  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:37:23 AM(UTC)
gamble97

I didn't let the water get in after the black piece was pulled, I put it right back.
I don't think I have a restriction. I can suck all the water out from the drain that connects to the bottom of the sink with a shop vac.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply