Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JNM  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 8:06:00 AM(UTC)
JNM

Groups: Registered

I need to replace the cooktop glass on my gas cooktop. Any idea how difficult this is? Is the only part I need the glass or do I need the foam gasket as well? Is there anywhere that describes the repair process other that the parts diagram? I can see the torx screws at the burners but don't know how to get the igniters out. Is that all that holds it in place? I assume the only other thing to worry about is unplugging the unit and shutting off the gas. Any help or input is appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Julian Ferguson  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 8:08:29 AM(UTC)
Julian Ferguson

Groups: Registered

I need to replace the cooktop glass on my GE gas cooktop. I ordered the part (GEH WB61X10001) from ApllianceapsrsPro. Any idea how difficult this is? Is the only part I need the glass? Is there anywhere that describes the repair process? I removed the two torx screws at ech burners but I don't know how to get the igniters out. Is that all that holds it in place? Any help or input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gene  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 9:58:21 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Julian

In order to provide the most accurate advise I need you to post the complete model number of your stove.

Gene.