Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bdeelrn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:45:27 PM(UTC)
bdeelrn

Groups: Registered

Water is not pumping into my ice maker. The lines are not frozen, water supply has been confirmed. The ice maker arm rotates up & the grid rotates as to drop ice cubes but the water does not dispense into the ice maker to make the ice cubes. I noticed a few days prior to the ice discontinuing that some of the ice cubes were hollow inside. Help me determine what to do in an attempt to repair it myself. Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:48:59 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
The lines are not frozen

Be sure of this. One line runs to the water in the door and a different one runs to the icemaker.

Quote:
I noticed a few days prior to the ice discontinuing that some of the ice cubes were hollow inside.

Hollow ice cubes are from low water pressure to the ice maker.

Ether low water pressure to the refrigerator or the water valve was getting plugged up cutting the water pressure off to the ice maker until it plugged up all the way.
bdeelrn  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 7:39:20 AM(UTC)
bdeelrn

I checked both lines are they are clear. Could it be a relay type swith that indicates for the water to be pumped into the ice maker? I have taken the small plastic hose that water comes from the back of the freezer and puts the water into the ice maker off and it had a small amount of frozen ice in it. Which I cleared out before replacing it. I even shut off the freezer for approx 6 hours to ensure everything was thawed & cleaned out. There was only a small amount of water in the drip pan. I am not sure what to attempt next. I appreciate your suggestions.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 7:01:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would do is: switch around plugs on the water inlet valve and push the water lever on the door water dispenser for a couple seconds. If water will come into the ice maker then the problem is a bad solenoid on the water valve for the ice maker. Replace it.

Water inlet valve

UserPostedImage

If water would not come then the problem is a frozen water feeding tube for the ice maker inside the freezer. Remove the ice maker and defrost the tube using a hair dryer. The water inlet valve in that case still has to be replaced because it does not shut off completely.

- The part number for the new water inlet valve AP3103466

- Here are the break down diagrams for the Kitchen Aid refrigerator Model KSRP25QDWH00

Good luck.
Gene.
bdeelrn  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:19:55 PM(UTC)
bdeelrn

Gene

Thanks! That was the problem. I knew if I kept asking questions I would find the correct solution to fix my ice maker problem. I appreciate your assistance & knowledge.
nhfr  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 9:02:05 AM(UTC)
nhfr

I have the same problem, but I am new to icemaker repair. When you say remove the icemaker, do you mean to take it out of the freezer by removing the screws securing it to the wall? I turned off the refrigerator earlier and used the hairdryer on the tube. When I plugged it back up I got 1 ice cube. Can you tell a novice what to do to fix this icemaker?
Gene  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2007 4:45:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi nhfr

In order to provide the most accurate advise I need the complete model number of your fridge. Please, post it as a new thread.

Gene.
missdedude  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 1:43:11 PM(UTC)
missdedude

i am having the same problem. please help
Gene  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 3:28:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

What exactly is wrong?

What is the complete model number of the unit?

Post it as a new thread, please.

Gene.
CroisanMountain  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 10:34:43 AM(UTC)
CroisanMountain

Gene,
My Frigidaire, model FRS28ZGEW1, has a similar problem. I'm posting to a new thread.