Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eddiep  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:05:22 PM(UTC)
eddiep

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher leaves water in the bottom. It cleans and does not leak externally. I already checked the hose which drains to the disposal, and that is not clogged. I also checked the white airhose and that wasn't clogged. I also checked the part which appears over the countertop and that wasn't clogged.

I took the whole dishwasher out and disconnected the white tube (air hose?) and water freely flowed out of it. I guess this was some of the remainder of the water left in the tray. I removed the water pump from the bottom and it too drained the final bits of water. I threw water into the dishwasher and saw that water drained freely out of the bottom where the water pump was disconnected.

I am theorizing that either the water pump is not working or the electrical circuit to the pump is not working. Does this sound correct?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

v2k04  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:12:14 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

yes........
abadfish66  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 1:44:23 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Check this part now that you have looked at everything else----->Part Details - GE Piston & nut, part number: WD24X10018
It is located at the rear bottom of the inside of the dishwasher under the fine filter. Remove the fine filter assembly 4 screws, then unscrew the piston nut assembly. It should have a mushroom head that completely covers the hole, if it does not, it wont drain completely.
eddiep  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:48:30 AM(UTC)
eddiep

Thanks to abadfish66. I think that the water drains out of the dishwasher fine. I think that the Piston nut assembly is okay. I just poured a bucket of water into the inside of the dishwasher. It all comes out of the bottom once the pump is disconnected. What do you think?
abadfish66  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:23:43 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

I think you need to put it back together and start the washer, after it has filled, push reset, after it is done see if there is water left. Did you look at the piston nut assy or are you guessing it is good?
eddiep  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:04:55 AM(UTC)
eddiep

I did not check the piston nut assembly. but i will. I did the reset thing about a week ago and that didn't do the trick. But if the inside tray drains freely once the pump is removed, isn't that proof that the piston nut assembly is working? Doesn't that mean that the pump is unable to pump the water out to the drainage lines?
abadfish66  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:26:25 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

No, When the washer goes into drain, it forces water under the piston and nut and forces it up to plug the hole. If That rubber piece on the piston nut does not seal the hole water recirculates back into the dishwasher while it's draining, thus leaving water in the tub after the drain cycle is complete. So, yes if you pour water in the washer, it will drain out, but that is not how it works when it is running. Check it and if that rubber mushroom head on the piston nut is worn and not sealing, it wont drain.
eddiep  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:30:13 AM(UTC)
eddiep

I just removed the piston and nut assembly. the rubber stopper is worn! So I am going to order that part and see how it goes. Thanks for the info. I will let you know if I can get it fixed. I ordered a new pump as well in the meantime. But for now I will just replace the piston and nut assembly and try it again, first.

By the way, I feel for your Seattle Seahawks. I know what injuries can do to a team. I am a buccaneer fan. I remember seasons where we lost our receivers and quarterbacks. It wasn't pretty.
eddiep  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:06:05 PM(UTC)
eddiep

okay, I changed the piston nut assembly. It still leaves water in the tray. I am now going to change the pump.
twostinkyfingers  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:40:04 AM(UTC)
twostinkyfingers

so i should call a plumber....??? easier??