Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PPHILLIPS232  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 11:25:29 AM(UTC)
PPHILLIPS232

Groups: Registered

Recently, within the last week, my dryer refuses to run or chooses to do so when and if! I press the start, it hums, starts maybe and maybe not. When it does start it's short lived.

Cleaned the lint basket, lint outlet to the wall, into the attic cleaned down through wall to the dryer connect, then from roof. it still doesn't do anything but hum, sometimes works for 10 - 20 minutes or not!

Where do I go from here? Already been from bottom up, which was hysterically horrendous for a 60 year old wild woman.:eek:

HELP???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 11:54:45 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

Sound's like the MOTOR has failed, If you run it for 5-10 min. and shut it off, Try to restart it, If it Trys to start but just makes a loud hum, or sometimes a GRINDING noise, Replace the motor!!!!:)
PPHILLIPS232  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 12:06:55 PM(UTC)
PPHILLIPS232

Originally Posted by: Drags1998 Go to Quoted Post
Sound's like the MOTOR has failed, If you run it for 5-10 min. and shut it off, Try to restart it, If it Trys to start but just makes a loud hum, or sometimes a GRINDING noise, Replace the motor!!!!:)

I BOUGHT IT FROM ANOTHER PERSON FOR LIKE $30 2 YEARS AGO, A "MOTOR"?
Now you're scaring me! Is this sucka' even worth saving? WoW sounds very very sad. I'll go do what you advised and see what comes of this fete! Ugh. . . . Yoi
PPHILLIPS232  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 12:29:36 PM(UTC)
PPHILLIPS232

Originally Posted by: PPHILLIPS232 Go to Quoted Post
I BOUGHT IT FROM ANOTHER PERSON FOR LIKE $30 2 YEARS AGO, A "MOTOR"?
Now you're scaring me! Is this sucka' even worth saving? WoW sounds very very sad. I'll go do what you advised and see what comes of this fete! Ugh. . . . Yoi

Well ran it for 8 Min. stopped it, and tried to restart it, and when I pressed the start, it hummed, pressed again and hummed, then no start. Sometimes if I hold the start in for a bit it will kick on. I didn't try that this time. . . just a start 8 min. then stop, try starter, hum, try again, hum. I can go back there in an hour, and it will start, what's with that??? Stupid dryer!!!! ARGHhhhhhhhh
Drags1998  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 3:01:29 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Its the MOTOR!!!!!!!!! If the dryer is in good shape, put a motor in it!!! :)
PPHILLIPS232  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 5:30:14 AM(UTC)
PPHILLIPS232

Originally Posted by: Drags1998 Go to Quoted Post
Its the MOTOR!!!!!!!!! If the dryer is in good shape, put a motor in it!!! :)

Thank You. I understand. I'm sorry I wasn't questioning you, sir. Just a single woman, trying to do the right thing. With a fixed disability income, one would seek repair cost efficiently, no more than that! You're a good man, thanks you pin pointed my problem dead on. Great job, and a very quick response!!
Drags1998  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:34:10 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

The only way that I can see to get out of it for the least amount of money is,a new motor, or maybe a used dryer, Don't try to get a used motor, It's just not worth it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply