Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dshouf  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:55:25 PM(UTC)
dshouf

Groups: Registered

My GE front load washer will not lock the door so the cycle will start. At first I would have to unplug it to allow it to reset then in would lock but now it doesn't lock at all and just makes a quiet buzz sound when it tries to lock verses the large clunk it used to make. The display says it is locked but it will not run a cycle.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2011 7:01:04 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The recommendation is that you replace the door lock assembly, which will require partial removal of the front door gasket.

Also, check to see if there are tech notes inside the lower service panel that may allow you to generate error codes related to the door lock assembly.
dshouf  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 3:29:41 AM(UTC)
dshouf

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The recommendation is that you replace the door lock assembly, which will require partial removal of the front door gasket.

Also, check to see if there are tech notes inside the lower service panel that may allow you to generate error codes related to the door lock assembly.

I changed out the door lock but it has not solved the problem. The washer door is now lock and will not release or run a cycle. If you power it up and try to run a cycle it buzzes 3 times then the drain pump kicks on and just runs continuously until you unplug it from the power source. I didn not find any tech notes inside the lower panel do you know how to get the service codes? I know it is done by pushing the control buttons in a certain order I just don't know what that order is. I'm wondering if I don't just need a new control panel and the door lock is actually fine. Thanks in advance for the help.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 4:02:07 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

We think GE had an Engineer whose only job was to design unwanted complexity into these models, because they are very difficult to diagnose.

Sorry the door lock assembly didn't fix things. Here is a link to a service manual (you may have to join the site, which is free).

31-9135 GE Front Load Washer Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
christygirl  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 9:31:28 AM(UTC)
christygirl

The same thing was happening to me. Unplug the washer. You need to do this in order to reset the system. You need to clean the pump filter, located at the bottom of the front loading washer. Make sure you have a cup under the spout when you unscrew it because about 1 1/2 cups of water comes out. After cleaning the filter, plug the washer back in. Turn power on, but don't push "start". Open and shut the door 7 times. This resets the pump motor. Then push "start" and run a quick wash cycle with an empty washer. You should be good as new!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply