Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
running92  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:08:08 PM(UTC)
running92

Groups: Registered

Our washing machine has been leaking on & off for
a month or two. The water is found directly in the
middle of the machine an inch or so under the machine.
We collect it with a lid from an ice cream pail - at times
a tablespoonful or two during operation. After the last
load at night we empty & without running the machine
again & check 1st thing in am - has couple tablespoonfuls
of water as well. Any ideas which gasket needs to be
replaced? Or what problem we have? Thanks ahead
for your help, BTL
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Matt / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:21:56 PM(UTC)
Matt / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Here is the breakdown of your appliance to assist you in finding parts: Model LSC8244EQ0

Here is a page to help you get the cavity off correctly: How to take Whirlpool washing machine apart - RepairAve.com

Once you have the cavity off look for evidence of leakage, usually white residue. If the water is in the front center of the washer I would suspect the pump would be the problem. I will give you a link on the pump and instructions to change.

Click for pump information: Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Pump, direct drive, part number: AP2907492

Changing pump: Testing and Replacing Water Pump for Whirlpool Washing Machines - RepairAve.com

While you have the machine apart you might as well replace the coupler, it is known to fail as these washers get older. Its under $20.00 and it is money well spent if it saves you from fixing the washer in the future!

Click for coupler information: Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Motor coupling (for Direct Drive Washers), part number: AP3963893

Changing coupler: Testing and Replacing Motor Coupling for Whirlpool Washing Machines - RepairAve.com
danf  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 10:14:10 AM(UTC)
danf

I have the same problem. Your help seems to be very thoughtful. However, my leaking washer does not appear to be related to the pump or any of the hose connections. The leak appears to be coming from the center as well. It has now progress to a pool of water after a load. Could it be the shaft seal where the agitator penetrates into the basket? Is there a dange of electrical shock if this water leaks into the montor driver?
mslaten  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 8:17:00 AM(UTC)
mslaten

I have a Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959KQ1. It is sucking cloths behind the adgetator and the inner wall. Looks like there is a rubber gasget or seal on the outside of the adgetator, however I am wondering if there is a problem the parts underneath maybe they are unbalanced or something else possibly?
Any ideas??
tonyh  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 8:32:29 AM(UTC)
tonyh

you need a ujoint kit
wkooist  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:42:53 PM(UTC)
wkooist

Just a thought for those with leaking washers. We have a whirlpool that leaked a small amount of water intermittently during wash cycles and we could not locate the source. We finally gave in to calling a repairman and found out that the leak was caused by a clogged bleach dispensor. Perhaps this is not a typical cause, but certainly and easy fix worth checking prior to paying a minimum repair charge.
rayne  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 6:44:10 AM(UTC)
rayne

I took the pump off yesterday and put water in it, blocked the holes and turned it every wich way to see if water leaked out anywhere. Nothing ... is this a legitimate test for the pump?
sharon724  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:15:18 AM(UTC)
sharon724

How did you repair the clogged bleach dispenser? My bleach is also leaking!! Thanks - Sharon
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply